Field Director (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Mi Familia Vota Field Director will oversee robust statewide field operations. This role will support on-the-ground efforts through site coordination, as well as in-office and field trainings. The Field Director will lead on overall program alignment, team-building, and campaign coordination statewide. By supporting a field team to conduct regular visits to partner offices and the field, run regular field reports in Blocks, and lead weekly calls with groups, the Field Director coordinates the overall structure that supports groups to implement best practices and meet 2022 program goals. The position is full time and reports to the State Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and drive statewide voter registration plan and hold a problem-solving attitude to ongoing challenges.
- Oversee and drive internal organizing plan for meeting statewide goals (direct voter contact, digital, text, and field integration work).
- Build relationships with partners and facilitate conflict resolution as needed.
- Manage a statewide team of canvassers, quality control, and voter registration leads in their work to support the VR program.
- Provide and coordinate general capacity-building support for staff as needed, including but not limited to Google Suite training, management training, and other organizational tools.
- Provide on-site and in-person trainings on all programmatic aspects, including but not limited to field training, field planning, HR, and tools.
- Lead on holding groups accountable for addressing and resolving problems with quality control that come up in the phone/visual verification process.
- Through weekly group calls, drive progress-to-goal and quality control
- Compile results of verification efforts and analysis of data points into regular reports indicating programmatic trends, best practices, and recommendations for improvement.
- Administer turf coordination system and bring a solutions orientation to any turf-related conflicts that arise.
- Conduct regular site visits with groups to provide timely support, feedback and course correction as needed.
- Lead on all registration deadline procedures, including but not limited to training groups on program adjustments and processes in preparation for deadlines.
- Travel as needed, sometimes on short notice.
- Serve as point-person for crisis response in the state.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A strong commitment to the civic engagement of historically underrepresented communities.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills; successful at motivating staff to meet recruitment and voter contact goals
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in campaign/community organizing, including but not limited to the following roles: field director, field manager, regional organizing director, canvass director, campaign manager.
- Attention to detail and ability to develop efficient systems to deliver intended results.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills in person, on the phone, and in writing.
- A strong commitment to racial equity and social justice
- Ability to work diplomatically in a coalition setting, delivering results from a diverse set of stakeholders that the position does not directly oversee.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to work well under pressure, resolve conflicts, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings
- Access to a vehicle and willingness to drive long distances
- VAN experience, in particular creating lists, cutting turf, and training other users
- Bilingual proficiency in Spanish and English
- Knowledge of state structures of the progressive infrastructure and coalition partners
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Google Docs, Google Sheets with an ability to learn online database platforms and general comfort with tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Mi Familia Vota
BusinessView all jobs at Mi Familia Vota