We are seeking a Quality Engineer to join a dynamic Quality team in the aerospace industry. You will be part of a highly qualified team and will have plenty of opportunity to be mentored and grow as an Engineer. Reporting directly to the Quality Manager, you will find low hanging fruit so you will be able to make an immediate impact as well as be part of long range planning and quality projects. Candidate who want to continue to learn are encouraged to apply because they have identified several CI projects that will be large enough to earn Six Sigma Green and Black belt certifications.
Salary Range: $65k to $85k per year.
• Strong aptitude of machining and special processes (Heat Treat, Weld, Thermal Spray, NDT etc.)
• Ability to make informed decisions and drive positive change by teaming with other disciplines in the manufacturing environment.
• Ability to multi-task across several challenging projects while maintaining progress of completion.
• Strong self-starter with the ability to work as an individual contributor or in a teaming environment.
• Strong Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) aptitude.
• Ability to communicate findings and project completion stages.
• Desire to be a part of making and driving effective changes for improvement in efficiency and product quality.
• Ability to audit special process activities to determine level of compliance.
• Proficiency in understanding and application of quality systems ISO, AS, etc.)
• Focal point for customer & third-party audits associated with special processes.
• Experience writing policies and procedures.
• Must be able to maintain attention to detail in a fast pace work environment.
• Any other assignments provided by Quality Management.
• This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines. Some areas within the work environment may be loud.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Technical Capacity.
• Communication Proficiency.
• Problem Solving/Analysis.
• Decision Making.
• Results Driven.
Required Education and Experience:
• BS degree in a technical field or 7 years’ experience with machining and special processes.
• Experience with hosting Nadcap special process audits.
• Working knowledge of AS9100 Aerospace Standards.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Working knowledge of using the Five Why’s or Fish Bone methods for Root Cause and Corrective Action.
• Effective computer skills in databases, spreadsheets, word processors and process mapping software.
If you have this type of background and experience, send you resume for consideration.