POSITION TITLE: Plant Manager (in SD)
We are searching to fill a full time Plant Manager position with a non-union manufacturer located in the eastern side of South Dakota.
· Pay range is $80k to $100k per year PLUS up to 7% Bonus
· Relocation assistance available.
· Good benefits.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- MUST HAVE A STRONG BACKGROUND IN METAL WORKING AND METAL FABRICATION TO BE CONSIDERED.
- BS degree preferred but not required
- 5+ years of metal fabrication experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment including industrial engineering, quality and manufacturing management is required in order to apply.
- 3+ years experience as a Plant Manager within manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing flow, machine tool technology, quality assurance programs, safety programs and experience implementing LEAN initiatives within a manufacturing environment.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
To assist the Operations Manager in managing manufacturing activities including planning, production, plant maintenance, industrial engineering, staffing levels, quality control, capital expenditures, and safety, as directed by the Operations Manager.
· Analyze material consumption and recommend methods to achieve the most efficient utilization of materials. This will include coordinating the use of material among all manufacturing facilities and facilitate scrap reduction.
· May assist in directing the work force at multiple facilities in order to achieve the production needs
· Implement quality in our products within the manufacturing scope. Generate and implement quality control procedures at specific manufacturing facilities. Direct the work of QC staff and create quality standards to meet ISO 9001 and company quality standards.
· Review and make recommendations for changes in industrial engineering (plant process and work flow) for each specified facility or facilities, as directed by the Operations Manager, on a project basis
· Monitor manufacturing expenditures and reports variances to the Operations Manager on a monthly basis. Responsible for gross margin percentages as to S&OP plan.
· Implement and maintain effective plant maintenance programs
· Implement and facilitate safety programs, activities and training for specified manufacturing plant(s)
· Ensure effective execution of ISO training which includes development and implementation of ISO procedures for his/her department(s)
· Implements projects as assigned by Operations Manager
· Ensure that company policies, procedures and guidelines are followed.
· Manage direct reports and their activities. This includes evaluation and discipline; overall performance management; training and development; analyzing and resolving work problems; lead team to achieve goals; effective communication, etc.