We are searching to fill a full time Process Engineer position with a manufacturer located in the general area of Laurinburg, NC
$80K TO $90K per year PLUS full relocation reimbursement AND Profit Sharing Bonus (est. 10 to 15%)
SCOPE OF POSITION
To provide technical assistance to Paper/Polywoven Packaging Manufacturing Plant operations in the form of process improvement, cost reduction, safety enhancement, and efficiency. Assist in assuring HACCP, GMP’s, Work Instructions, and Safe Quality Food system requirements (SQF) are in compliance.
· Assign personnel to machines/equipment in support of the production schedule.
· Monitor and inventory operating supplies with respect to scheduled orders.
· Assist with the resolution of both internal and customer complaint reviews.
· Ensures that required paperwork is completed accurately and in full in a timely manner.
· Identifies, develops, and manages process improvement projects specifically aimed at improving operational efficiencies (safety, quality, productivity, waste and costs). This includes the ongoing development and training of required methods and procedures. Communicate plant regulations and safety standards to employees and ensure adherence.
· Trouble Shoots daily production and process problems, communicates with Management Team, Supervisors, and Operators regarding run problems, investigates root causes and recommends and implements corrective actions.
· Works in conjunction with manufacturing and maintenance personnel to monitor machinery for safe operating conditions and generate maintenance work orders as necessary. Identifies any/all of the following: set-up and run parameters; maintenance intervals; and/or material specifications.
· Develops supporting set up, run and change over documentation and facilitates all training.
· Writes, performs, analyzes, and reports on validations to support process standardization.
· Takes lead on management and implementation of safety initiatives. Always operates with safety considerations as paramount.
· Assists Manufacturing in preparing standard operating conditions with the appropriate input from the machine operators, supervisors and technical personnel.
· Determines the need for, and justifies capital projects such as source equipment and components by completing and routing Allocation for capital form.
· Assists Sales and Packaging Engineer in the development of customer specifications, and review final work orders prior to distribution to Manufacturing. Administer and follow up on trial orders and maintains a log and record of samples on all trial orders.
· Acquires knowledge of procedures, work instructions, and associated forms as required by the Supervisor.
· Monitor general housekeeping throughout the plant.
· Managerial Responsibilities
· Supervise projects working with Management, Supervisors, Maintenance and Production employees.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
· Daily contact with other Supervisors and Shift Leads.
· Frequent contact with Plant Manager and Regional Packaging Engineer to review projects.
· Frequent contact with Management, Process Improvement Manager, Production and Maintenance personnel.
· Regular contact with HR regarding personnel issues, problems, policies & procedures and labor issues.
· Some contact with vendors regarding supplies, materials, and equipment.
· Education & Experience
· Four year degree in Engineering or Four year degree in Engineering with 3-5 years of manufacturing experience.
· A complete understanding of quality management systems and tools, including SPC, Pareto charts, Histograms, brainstorming, and Lean Manufacturing concepts and applications.
· Strong mechanical/electrical and process knowledge understanding.
· PC knowledge for statistical methods and engineering tools.
· Good communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal.
· Ability to work independently or as a team member.