Press Operator (Flexo) - 2nd and 3rd shift available - ($24 - $36/hr)
Meyers Printing Minneapolis, MN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
If you are looking for a strong, family-owned company to build a career at then you have found it! Meyers is searching for experienced flexo press operators to join our talented team.
Meyers has openings on 2nd shift and 3rd shift.
2nd shift runs Mon - Fri, 2 p.m. - 10 p.m.
3rd shift runs 3 days per week, 6 p.m. - 6 a.m.
The Flexo Press Operator position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reads, reviews and understands the assigned and scheduled job according to the detailed specifications on the job ticket, QMS documents, the spec sheet(s), customer spec sheets(s), and proofs, including the approved press samples, in order to set-up and run the required equipment.
- Is responsible for ensuring that all required materials and components for the job are available and at the press. These include; stock, dies, print cylinders, inks, pumps, color standards for premium colors, etc.
- Inspects all components for acceptable quality before running the job. These include such items as dies, plates, stock, inks, auxiliary equipment, etc. Inspects samples for fine detail sometimes using tools as digital scopes, micrometers, spectrophotometers, fine rulers.
- Selects the correct color sequence and makes needed adjustments to anilox rollers, doctor rollers.
- Completes the make-ready and installs all required auxiliary equipment in order to meet or perform the necessary job specifications.
- Test-runs using make-ready stock to verify the accuracy of the set-up.
- Achieves press “OK” (match/approval) on the job proofs under the direction of the Production Shift Supervisor.
- Proofs all copy and performs a die test. Compares die registration and copy placement.
- Balances and maintains ink systems for print quality.
- Maintains equal or better quality than the OK'd sample throughout the production run, flagging all poor quality product.
- Performs a complete quality check, at the end of every printed roll, by comparing it to the OK'd sample utilizing any required quality inspection equipment. Performs a die test, at the end of every roll, on all jobs. Checks for offsetting on liner. Makes any required adjustments.
- Performs all necessary written documentation according to required specifications.
- Checks the next scheduled job to determine if any components presently at press site will also be required for the next scheduled job.
- Dismounts or removes all auxiliary equipment which is not common to the next job, and performs the required clean-up procedures.
- When appropriate, directs the maintenance, clean-up, and set-up work tasks of the press assistants to aide in the efficient running of the presses.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance on all assigned equipment.
- Performs all assigned work efficiently and on schedule.
- Follow written and verbal instructions accurately.
- Keeps work area neat and clean.
- Takes care of equipment following specified work procedures.
- Reports time and materials consumption accurately.
- Reports all problems to the Production Manager or the Production Shift Supervisor.
- Obeys company rules and observes all safety regulations.
- Comes to work when assigned and on time; works overtime when requested according to company policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Production Manager or the Production Shift Supervisor.
- Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules.
- Ability to follow verbal and written job instructions, including those dealing with dimensions and quantity. Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate Label (flexographic) pressroom equipment, i.e., Arsoma, Mark Andy, Comco, Webtron, Gallus, Delta presses, sheeters, stackers, fan folding equipment, infrared heating equipment, turret, IMASS peel grain testers, digital scope, densitometer, gloss meter, UV equipment, etc.
- Level of work activity is heavy, involving lifting and exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally with the aid of lifting equipment, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Above average mechanical aptitude and ability to perform repetitive manual tasks. Manual dexterity and excellent eye/hand coordination are required to safely manipulate rolls of stock or carts and skids with finished product throughout the plant. Must be able to move freely on foot throughout the plant, stand for sustained periods of time, and perform pushing, pulling and lifting functions.
High School general education or GED equivalent. Must be able to read, write legibly, follow verbal and written instructions, and perform basic mathematical calculations dealing with weights and dimensions. Two (2) plus years recent experience as a Label (flexographic) Press Operator in a high quality, commercial printing company. Must test in the normal range for color on vision exam, and satisfactorily pass pre-employment physical, drug, and skills tests.
All of the above duties and responsibilities are considered to be the essential functions of the job position. This job description is subject to change and Meyers reserves the right to add, remove or alter job duties as necessary for business needs.
Meyers is an equal opportunity employer.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Meyers Printing