Equipment & Facilities Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
Reporting to the Director of Facilities, the Equipment & Facilities Technician is responsible for maintenance and repair of all machinery, equipment and supporting systems through the Meyer Sound campus. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
- Schedules and/or performs regular maintenance and/or repair services for HVAC, plumbing, electrical, chemical and waste collection.
- Troubleshoots minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repair or replacement. Resolves machine/equipment issues and completes on-the-fly root cause analysis of simple repairs. Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical systems of the machine; completes troubleshooting and replaces parts when the cause is found. Performs equipment service: changing oil, changing filters, lubricating equipment, replacing heating elements, and equipment calibrations.
- Evaluates tools and equipment for replacement or repair and assist with the coordination of all facilities projects and vendors. Assists with installations, tooling changes and cleaning for blowers, vacuums, pneumatic, air compressors, regulators, ventilators, pumps, dispenser valves, presses, and paper-making equipment.
- Controls downtime by managing and performing routine preventive maintenance and operation techniques; monitors compliance with the maintenance programs and reports and acts on issues and deficiencies
- Assists the engineering department in troubleshooting and finding tool solutions for manufacturing processes.
- Performs preventive building maintenance duties, caulks windows and doors, repairs and replaces broken windows. Performs routine plumbing repairs such as unstopping toilets, sinks or urinals, fixing water leaks, leaking faucets, and water fountains. Performs routine electrical repairs such as changing light bulbs or fluorescent lamps and assists in repairing ballast and light fixtures.
- Proactively supports safety programs and initiatives. Ensures safety features and equipment are functioning properly at all times.
- Purchases supplies, equipment, and materials necessary to complete projects.
- Coordinates facilities related projects and vendors.
- Assists the Facilities Director in outside departmental projects as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years’ experience using hand and power tools and proficiency with heating and air conditioning systems, compressed air, electronics, pneumatic and computer automation controls, hazardous waste, and chemical or specialty gas dispense systems.
- Strong shop experience and good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk, bend, squat, use hands to work with various tools/equipment, reach, climb and use ladders, and lift up to 50 lbs. frequently.
- Ability to work near moving mechanical parts, on roof tops or other high precarious places.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Strong teamwork skills and the ability to communicate easily with supervisors, team members and outside vendors. Ability to read and write English.
- Available to work long days and night/weekend/on-call duty.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment; ability to be flexible and work with a positive attitude.
Real EstateView all jobs at Meyer Sound