- $18 to $27 Hourly
Reporting to the Electronics Development Manager, the Electronics Technician assembles, tests, and helps document electronic subassemblies and products for new product development and ongoing product support. This is a full-time, non-exempt position earning $18.00-$27.00 per hour.
- Assemble prototypes including PCBA, wire harnesses and mechanical subassemblies.
- Document and report assembly issues noted in prototypes; recommend improvements.
- Modify parts and assemblies as needed during prototyping
- Use electronic test equipment to carry out and report measurements to engineers for analysis.
- Under engineering supervision, perform functional validation of components, both electronic and mechanical; includes first articles and alternate component sourcing for production.
- Manage component parts for prototypes, and engineering lab stock. Inventory, receive and ship as needed.
- Manage lab tools - inventory, organize, keep stocked and repaired
- Assist with general lab work
- May assist with research, documentation, drafting, and ECOs as indicated by skills and availability.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires AS degree and 5 years relevant experience, minimum, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong demonstrated skill using hand tools for assembly of electronic products
- Ability to read and interpret electronic schematics, wiring diagrams and mechanical drawings.
- Must have previous experience with PCB assembly, and rework, including surface mount.
- Minimum: Strong experience hand soldering using a soldering iron. Familiarity with SMT.
- Desired: Strong experience with surface mount prototype assembly and rework.
- Desired: Formal training in SMT assembly and rework
- Desired: previous experience and demonstrated skill with troubleshooting. This may be demonstrated from electronic products, automotive troubleshooting, or similar.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must have good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Familiarity with PC Microsoft Office and database applications.
- Desire to excel, willingness to learn and grow
- Previous experience in an electronics lab or repair shop
- Knowledge of audio equipment or systems
Meyer SoundBerkeley, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.