- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $27 Hourly
Reporting to the Electronics Development Manager, the Electronics Technician assembles, tests, and helps document electronic subassemblies and products for new product development and ongoing product support. This is a full-time, non-exempt position earning $18.00-$27.00 per hour.
· Assemble prototypes including PCBA, wire harnesses and mechanical subassemblies.
· Document and report assembly issues noted in prototypes; recommend improvements.
· Modify parts and assemblies as needed during prototyping
· Use electronic test equipment to carry out and report measurements to engineers for analysis.
· Under engineering supervision, perform functional validation of components, both electronic and mechanical; includes first articles and alternate component sourcing for production.
· Manage component parts for prototypes, and engineering lab stock. Inventory, recieve and ship as needed.
· Manage lab tools - inventory, organize, keep stocked and repaired
· Assist with general lab work
· May assist with research, documentation, drafting, and ECOs as indicated by skills and availability.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
· Requires AS degree and 5 years relevant experience, minimum, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Strong demonstrated skill using hand tools for assembly of electronic products
· Ability to read and interpret electronic schematics, wiring diagrams and mechanical drawings.
· Must have previous experience with PCB assembly, and rework, including surface mount.
· Minimum: Strong experience hand soldering using a soldering iron. Familiarity with SMT.
· Desired: Strong experience with surface mount prototype assembly and rework.
· Desired: Formal training in SMT assembly and rework
· Desired: previous experience and demonstrated skill with troubleshooting. This may be demonstrated from electronic products, automotive troubleshooting, or similar.
· Excellent organizational skills
· Must have good communication skills, written and verbal.
· Familiarity with PC Microsoft Office and database applications.
· Desire to excel, willingness to learn and grow
- Previous experience in an electronics lab or repair shop
ManufacturingView all jobs at Meyer Sound
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?