Lower School Educator
Job Category: Exempt
About Meyer Prep
Meyer Preparatory School is a state-of-the-art JK-8th grade dual-curriculum college preparatory school that has served as an educational leader in the lives of South Florida families for the past 46 years. A member of the Posnack School Network, Meyer Prep is a vibrant school community that nurtures each child’s individual potential.
To support the health and safety of faculty, staff, students, and families, Meyer Prep has invested extensively in training, technology and maintenance equipment. In addition to providing on-campus rapid COVID-19 and flu testing, Meyer Prep has installed new air filtration systems and ultraviolet lights, upgraded sanitizing equipment, and initiated numerous other infrastructure enhancements throughout the campus. All staff and students are required daily to report on wellness, undergo temperature checks, and wear approved facial coverings.
The Lower School Educator reports to the Lower School Principal.
The Lower School Educator is expected to teach students to love learning and also how to overcome the challenges and obstacles they face that keep them from reaching their goals. While adhering to the core curriculum required by the Meyer Preparatory School, the Lower School Educator is expected to find creative, engaging ways to teach students real-life application of difficult concepts like literature, math, social students, and science.
Responsibilities and Duties/ Essential Job Functions:
● Create daily lesson plans that are engaging, educational and exciting for the students, encouraging them to want to come to school.
● Deliver lesson plans in a way that catches the attention of the students and keeps them engaged and excited about learning.
● Reach school and course-wide performance goals for every student in class, to the extent possible.
● Watch closely for students who are struggling with emotional problems, learning disabilities or situations at home, and help them find the resources they need, to the extent possible and available.
● Give feedback on graded papers and homework regularly to keep students updated on how they are doing and to head any problems off before they become habit.
● Increase educational knowledge and stay up to date on new methods by joining professional organizations, attending continuing education courses and attending regular training sessions for teachers.
● Weave goals, competencies and objectives into lesson plans in ways that directly apply to the student’s life.
● Offer praise and encouragement to students when they do well and when they are struggling, and teach them that they have the power to do well in school.
● Attend weekly staff meetings and parent/teacher conferences when needed.
● Attend orientation as required by employee’s supervisor.
● Adhere to all aspects of the Meyer Way!
● Participate in the ongoing curriculum development of Meyer Preparatory School and attend all teacher meetings.
● Communicate with the parents of each student as needed.
● Prepare and present regular oral and written reports to parents concerning their child’s education and welfare, as needed.
● Maintain student and family confidentiality both on and off the Meyer Preparatory School campus.
● Perform other duties as may be deemed necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
● It is essential for the Employee to arrive on time to work every scheduled work day. It is essential for the Employee to maintain good attendance and give ample notice, when possible, when Employee will be absent. It is essential for Employee to speak to co-workers with respect and to follow all of the requirements and expectations in the Employee Handbook.
The Lower School Educator must have a bachelor’s degree. Must have a valid FLDOE Teaching/Temporary Certificate for K-6. Two years of teaching experience preferred. Must be proficient in the use of instructional technology and online textbooks. Must be organized, capable and able to multitask. Salary based on experience.
Meyer Preparatory School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or genetics, and any other characteristic or status protected by law.
Meyer Preparatory Jewish Day School
Why Work Here?
Become part of the Meyer Prep Family!
Palm Beach Gardens, FL