IT Specialist II - Network Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Perform work of complex difficulty in support of the District's voice and data network infrastructure and security components. Maintain, administer, troubleshoot, and monitor the District’s network hardware, software and other related systems. Strong emphasis on the design and security aspect of network support.
Please note: Hybrid work schedule available.
Examples of Duties:
Essential Functions: Support the District’s voice and data networks, LAN/WAN communications links, wireless technology, and security components per established service levels.
- Assist in planning, designing, configuring, testing and installing changes to voice and data networks.
- Monitor, maintain, troubleshoot and repair any defects or issues.
- Ensure that the networks are optimized and compliant with security standards and corporate security policies.
- Perform regularly scheduled maintenance on network equipment to include upgrading equipment to latest stable firmware releases.
- Develop and execute performance and security test plans in support of new technology implementations as well as with changes to existing technology components.
- Assist in technology acquisitions with a focus on security so as to meet business needs and protect the overall computing environment.
- Participate in District audits, security assessments and disaster recovery planning and exercises.
- Maintain records for new and existing configurations and service records;
- Update and maintain documentation on District related network equipment and topology.
- Provide training to other district employees as necessary.
- Interface with vendors as required and provide timely support to help desk personnel to resolve network, infrastructure and security related incidents.
- Coordinate technical project assignment and perform related work as required or as delegated by supervisor.
Training and Experience: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course in Information Technology, Business Administration, or an equivalent mix of education/certifications/experience with at least 4 years of equivalent work-related experience.
Minimum four years of progressively responsible experience in maintaining network infrastructure environments in a secure manner, preferably versed in Cisco and Ethernet technologies.
Possess skills and experience in the following areas:
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
Professional network certification (e.g. Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or equivalent is desirable.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills: Considerable knowledge in LAN and WAN topologies and technologies (e.g. wireless access points, switches, routers, firewalls, and fiber optics communications); Experience with equipment used to troubleshoot copper and fiber connectivity; Experience with security tools and systems and knowledge of information security principles ; Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and the demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District
2350 Market StreetSaint Louis, MO
Get fresh Senior Data Network Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.