- Under general supervision, perform work of complex difficulty in supervising staff of Central Files and Graphics Group of the Engineering Department.
Examples of Duties:
- Essential Functions: Provides leadership and supervises the daily operations of the Central Files and Graphics group. Directs, develops, and motivates staff to meet objectives that assist in achieving the District's strategic business plan; plans, organizes and schedules staff work assignments to provide excellent customer service. Work relates to maintaining, tracking, and delivering permanent District infrastructure records in accordance with State statute, Information Governance policies and archival record standards, and delivery of specialized digital and hard copy graphics related work. Activities shall include, but not necessarily be limited to: utilization of software applications to track and manage physical record locations and maintain and deliver electronic records; coordination of information from various software applications to determine best practice and timing for conversion to electronic records; managing records sent to offsite storage; ensuring proper application of retention requirements for records; research and coordination of production of records in response to Sunshine requests; oversight of customer service regarding design and production of graphics work products like digital signage, brochures and newsletters; troubleshooting problems with computers, high speed scanners, and printers; assisting in development of specifications and costs for procurement of equipment and vendor services, and management of contracts; maintaining written procedures, records, and statistics; and preparing reports.
- Additional Responsibilities: May perform related work as required or as delegated by supervisor.
- Training and Experience: Associate Degree or 60 college credit hours towards business administration, management or related field, and four years of progressively responsible administrative support experience.
- Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Considerable supervisory and technical knowledge of District ordinances and department rules and regulations; considerable knowledge of filing systems and record management software like Laserfiche and Accutrac; considerable skill in supervisory techniques and applications; working knowledge of general business software and technical knowledge of computer systems. Considerable skill in maintaining records and preparing reports; considerable skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with consultants, developers, contractors and the general public; good skill in reading and interpreting sewer maps and plans; good skill in supervising the work of others.
- Must possess a valid driver's license issued by the state in which the employee resides.
- Pursuant to MSD's "Substance Abuse Policy and Procedures," this position has been designated as safety sensitive and candidate must pass a Non-D.O.T. Drug Test for this position. Employees occupying this position are not subject to Federal (D.O.T.) Drug and Alcohol Testing Regulations.
Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District
Why Work Here?The Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District (MSD) is a Missouri State special purpose political subdivision that is responsible for the St. Louis areas storm water and sewer collection and treatment. MSD ranks in the nation's top wastewater utilities, and anticipates spending approximately $4.7 billion on capital investment and asset sustainability over a multi-decade period.
Steady, challenging work with a great work/life balance.
Saint Louis, MO