Metropolitan Healthcare Services Leesburg, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $13 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Under the supervision and direction of the MHS Manager or Team Lead, the Porter is responsible for the upkeep of the hospital campus in order to enhance and maintain its cleanliness. The Porter will also assist the rest of the staff, as directed, in their efforts to manage the property in an efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Constantly observes condition of hospital grounds and immediately reports and/or initiates action to correct unsafe conditions.
- Physically walks and/or uses a golf cart on and around the property on a frequent basis.
- Maintains the grounds and free of litter at all times.
- Empties trash cans in assigned areas.
- Salts walkways during inclement or icy weather.
- Ensures that storage areas remain locked when not in use.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with hospital staff and administrators.
- Knowledgeable of hospital emergency procedures and responds to hazards accordingly.
- Immediately report any accidents to manager on duty.
- Maintains safe, clean and neat work environment by following standards and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualification and Requirements:
- High School Diploma/ GED or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to work legally in the United States.
- Able to speak, read, and write English fluently.
- Must pass background and drug screenings.
- May be required to meet immunization or health screening requirements.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for customer service and attention to detail.
- Willingness to work in the elements (heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.).
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, talk, see, and hear.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 150 pounds.
- Must be able to operate a motorized golf cart and/or other mechanical equipment.
- Ability to work flexible schedules and extended hours is sometimes required.
Metropolitan Healthcare Services
Metropolitan Healthcare Services (MHS) is the industry leader in providing comprehensive support services for hospitals and healthcare facilities throughout the United States.
Real EstateView all jobs at Metropolitan Healthcare Services