Metropolitan Healthcare Services
EXCELLENCE IN HEALTHCARE SUPPORT SERVICES
Part-time and Full-time Non-CDL Shuttle Driver
The Shuttle Driver (Non-CDL) is responsible for transporting guests to and/or from the hospital and local areas in a friendly, efficient, and courteous manner using safe driving practices. The Shuttle Driver is also responsible for maintaining the vehicle activity and maintenance logs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides timely shuttle service to customers.
- Personally welcomes customers boarding the shuttle.
- Stops at designated points to load and unload passengers.
- Conducts shuttle inspection to ensure customer and employee safety and brings any defect/damage to the attention of the supervisor.
- Performs pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required.
- Maintains the vehicle’s appearance and notify the manager if the vehicle requires servicing.
- Eating, drinking, texting, or talking on the telephone is strictly prohibited while the vehicle is in motion.
- Comply and follow all traffic laws, rules, regulations, and ordinances.
- Maintains safe, clean, and neat work environment by following standards and procedures.
- Maintains strict confidentiality related to work information (in accordance with HIPAA).
- Immediately report any accidents to the manager on duty.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualification and Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED and 3 years of commercial or professional driving experience.
- Required to have a valid driver’s license with no restrictions and present the most recent driving record.
- Knowledge of how to operate various types of passenger van motor vehicles.
- Must be able to work legally in the United States.
- Must pass background and drug screenings.
- Able to speak, read, and write English fluently.
- Required to meet immunization or health screening requirements.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to model the below behaviors to support our WE CARE values.
- Willingness to approach all situations with a helpful attitude.
- Excellence as service providers.
- Compassionate and caring for all individual needs.
- Anticipate the needs of our customers.
- Respect, accept and understand all we encounter.
- Enriching every experience, every time.
Total Rewards Include:
- Base Pay ($10 per hour)
- Health benefits (CareFirst Blue Cross & MetLife Dental and Vision)
- Supplemental life and disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Company paid employee assistance program (EAP)
- Education Discount with Strayer University Eligible
- Employee Discount program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Work Pay Eligible
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please complete an employment application for immediate consideration via https://www.metropolitanhealthcareservices.com/employment/
Please Note: All candidates must be able to speak, read, write and understand English, provide proof of employment eligibility to work in the United States, and be able to successfully pass criminal background, sex offender and Office of Inspector General (OIG) checks, drug screening, and immunizations/health requirements.
We are an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Part-Time and Full-Time
Metropolitan Healthcare ServicesMetropolitan Healthcare Services (MHS) is the industry leader in providing comprehensive support services for hospitals and healthcare facilities throughout the United States.