Intervention Specialist (Southeast)
- $50,000 to $53,000 Yearly
- 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Metropolitan Family Services empowers families to learn, to earn, to heal, to thrive. Part mentor, part motivator, part advocate, since 1857, Metropolitan Family Services has been the engine of change that empowers families to reach their greatest potential and positively impact their communities. Metropolitan is Illinois’ first comprehensive human services agency and reaches more than 163,000 individuals and families in Chicago, Evanston/Skokie, the southwest suburbs and DuPage County with services promoting education, economic stability, emotional wellness and empowerment.
We are now hiring for a full-time Intervention Specialist to join our South Chicago team!
$2,500 sign on bonus - $500.00 on the Second Paycheck; $1000.00 at 6 month anniversary; and final payment of $1000.00 on the 12 month anniversary.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Gathers and processes personal client information to make eligibility determination, assessments, and referrals.
- Uses clinical judgement to assess potential harm or risk and makes recommendations to Supervisor about the safety plan ensuring safety for the client and staff while in the community.
- Assesses and evaluates client situation and engages with collaterals to obtain and analyze information necessary to make recommendations for level of care and service needs; when necessary acts in the client’s best interest by engaging the courts, law enforcement, or other entities.
- Utilizes a variety of clinical modalities to develop an effective working relationship with clients, families, and collaterals to create and implement a plan that will reduce or eliminate the risk; refers clients to required services, advocates for their needs, and provides supportive counseling.
- Remains in compliance with required reports, assessments, and paperwork.
- Provides after-hours coverage for cases that require immediate response.
- Reassesses and monitors planned services to determine if clients' needs are adequately met, whether clients' circumstances have changed, and whether services are consistent with current need.
- Utilizes knowledge of resources and helps clients to effectively utilize them.
Works with community groups around unmet and special needs by providing outreach and education.
- Participates in and seeks out trainings and educational opportunities to maintain required training and/or certification.
- Organizes time, manages job responsibilities independently to maximize service given to clients, and works within the program’s reporting, and billing requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or related field from an accredited college or university required.
- Two (2) years of related case management experience, required.
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience in Mental Health including knowledge of DSMV diagnostics.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a community based high-risk environment with diverse populations.
- Valid driver’s license, vehicle, and auto insurance required for home-based services.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong interpersonal, written, and communication skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to set priorities, organize time efficiently, and handle multiple demands.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups of diverse ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds
- MFS staff are required to provide proof of vaccination or have an approved Medical exemption prior to starting employment. If an approved Medical is obtained, weekly testing is required.
- Compensation is commensurate with years of related experience, position requirements, and candidate qualifications. The average salary for the position is $52,000.
Metropolitan Family Services offers a very generous benefits packet to our professionals:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medical Coverage: HMO, Traditional PPO, or PPO w/ HSA contributions.
- Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- 13 paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401K Plan
- Training and Professional Development Plan with E- Learning
- Wellness Initiative Program
- Employee Assistance Network
Verbal and Written Communication
Bachelors or better in Social Work or related field.
2 years: Related case management experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Metropolitan Family Services has more than 1,100 full- and part-time professional staff dedicated to providing quality services to families throughout Chicago, DuPage County, Evanston/ Skokie and the southwest suburbs. Metropolitan serves more than 136,600 families and individuals as diverse as the communities in which they live, with 81% being part of the working poor or lower-middle class.
Metropolitan Family ServicesChicago, IL
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.