The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides nursing interventions in a locked impatient mental health facility, the Evaluation & Treatment Center. This position provides behavioral supervision to clients and works with an internal team to coordinate behavioral and physical healthcare.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides nursing care following established nursing service objectives and standards
- Ensures that all safety and infection control practices are followed according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Distributes and documents medications (including narcotics) according to established standards and regulatory instructions;
- Use a Pyxis machine to support distribution of medications and updates Medication Administration Records in a timely, accurate manner for all clients as orders change.
- Responds to emergency situations to help support the clinical and nursing E&T staff in delivery of services to the E&T guests.
- Provides first aid and CPR as needed;
- Responds to emergency situations to help support the clinical and nursing E & T staff in delivery of services to the E & T guests;
- Document all provided services in the E & T guests medical record, ensuring that required documentation is complete and is in compliance with regulations;
- Completes charting entries as required and regulated by state and federal law.
- High School Diploma or GED, or Two year AA degree and Current license as a Washington state Licensed Practical Nursing Professional State credential without any restrictions
- Must have a current First Aid/CPR card per licensing requirements;
- One year direct experience working with adults with severe and persistent mental illness.
- Three years of experience working with a similar population in a similar capacity;
- Knowledge of major mental illnesses and commonly prescribed psychotropic medications
- Must have the physical ability to successfully complete and maintain all aspects of mental health safety training associated company, state, federal training in compliance with licensure;
- Must demonstrate an expert understanding of mental and substance disorder assessment and management
Metropolitan Development CouncilMDC is a dynamic non-profit known for using best practices and finding solutions for vulnerable people. MDC offers a range of job opportunities for individuals who share our commitment to excellence, demonstrate personal and professional integrity, and optimize human potential and inclusion. Through an integrated approach of empowering individuals to make their own choices, MDC fulfills our mission of promoting self-sufficiency and removing individuals and families from poverty.