Director of Information Systems
Metropolitan Development Council Tacoma, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Director of Information Systems will manage and direct the agency’s information systems and technology operations in addition to implementation of new systems and policies, ensuring the department provides efficient and effective support services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides oversight and administration of agency’s information technology systems, staffing and strategic technology vision in support of the agency’s objectives.
- Develops, implements, and maintains business continuity protocols and the IT disaster recovery plan to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations or data loss.
- Establishes efficiency and efficacy standards, providing recommendations for improvement of IT infrastructure.
- Analyzes IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs.
- Oversees security of systems, networks, and enterprise information.
- Develops and maintains relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
- Expands usage and adoption of electric records management systems.
- Works with program managers in the planning, development, and implementation of software systems while ensuring alignment and integration with agency systems.
- Ensures maintenance of all facets of information technology infrastructure including network servers, storage, backup systems, applications, databases, security devices, printers/copiers, phones, workstations, etc.
- Conducts periodic audits and due diligence checks of security protocols, evaluating systems for vulnerabilities.
- Develops and/or provides training and guidance on acceptable use, risk management, incident response, and security protocols to employees.
- Ensures that department follows and promotes practices consistent with all applicable government information systems/technology regulations and standards.
- Evaluate current environment in order to implement require upgrades to support remote working strategy.
- Prepares clear and concise documentation, summaries, reports and other written materials to include budgets, department performance assessments, and project status.
- Analyzes existing roadblocks and inefficiencies in providing technology services.
- Develop and implement IT policies and procedures.
- Effectively manage budget and expenditures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BA degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Three years’ experience managing an IT department.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in latest technology for IT systems and management.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Through understanding of IT and practical applications to support the agency’s goals.
Metropolitan Development Council
MDC is a dynamic non-profit known for using best practices and finding solutions for vulnerable people. MDC offers a range of job opportunities for individuals who share our commitment to excellence, demonstrate personal and professional integrity, and optimize human potential and inclusion. Through an integrated approach of empowering individuals to make their own choices, MDC fulfills our mission of promoting self-sufficiency and removing individuals and families from poverty.
945 FawcettTacoma, WA