The Director of Education position offers the unique opportunity and challenge of working with community partners to develop a new comprehensive program and strategy to provide the highest quality educational services to the targeted audiences that MDC serves. The programmatic framework will be presented to the Board of Directors for approval. The incumbent directs and coordinates MDC’s education programs to ensure they remain innovative and meet contract goals as required by funders. The Director also serves as a member of MDC’s leadership team, working with development and communications staff to maintain funding resources required to support ongoing programs.
Our ideal candidate is an Education professional who brings a demonstrated understanding of and success in developing systems-level work. You offer a breadth of experience in educational program development, experience in and passion for providing needed services to encourage and equip low-income, underserved student populations, many of whom will be first generation college students, to achieve the dream of a college education. The candidate must bring a passion for the students and families we serve, and experience working with students, parents, school administration, and college advisors.
What you will do:
- As the Director of Education you will design, develop and implement a strategic plan for the youth and adult education programs with an eye toward program and project proposals; establish complimentary departmental goals and objectives.
- Establish a timeline for program/project execution correlated to funding expectations/limitations, required procedures, activities, staffing, and allotment of resources to various phases of projects.
- Work closely with People Management, Development, Communications, and Finance to ensure all aspects of programs are funded, publicly visible, and fully staffed with high quality advisors, instructors and teachers.
- Supervise two managers of adult and youth education programs who, in turn, oversee the daily activity of the teams.
- Maintain a data dashboard used regularly to inform critical operational and financial decision-making.
- Oversee the budget for the entire Department - including pro forma budgets and monthly financial reporting, to ensure revenue and expenses occur as scheduled.
- Develop procedures for evaluating the programs’ effectiveness to ensure student needs and program goals are met.
- Ensure that all program activities and operations are carried out in compliance with applicable federal, state and local licensure requirements, regulations and laws.
- Participate in the planning and providing of staff development and in-service training programs for Education Advisors, and supervise the overall department staff education process
- Evaluate existing funding compliance, monitoring and reporting to ensure all goals are being met.
What you will need:
- Master's degree in Education, Administration or Student Personnel Administration from an accredited school
- Five (5) years of progressive supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of and success in developing systems-level work.
- Understanding of federal grant process, including budgets and personnel management.
- Experience with grant-writing and sub-contract oversight.
- Experience in a Union environment
- Proven experience leading high performing teams