Sales Account Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Sales Manager is responsible to develop, achieve and maintain strong business relationships with key decision makers and influencers. Work individually and as a team member to achieve revenue goals and the ongoing development of customers and new prospects. Travel to customers and industry events is required (25% or less).
- Develop profitable and sustainable sales growth at assigned key accounts.
- Establish and build strong working relationship with key account's upper management team to better understand their business initiatives and how to support them on those initiatives.
- Establish and strengthen customer relationships with decision makers across functions.
- Delivering sales presentations to high-level executives.
- Maintain thorough understanding of the customer's end use markets, their important customers, and their main competitors.
- Determine customers' unmet needs and translate internally for appropriate follow-up.
- Provide technical feedback to appropriate internal functions with regard to key account product requirements and enhancements.
- Grow with customers by getting into additional product lines, and empowering them to sell more of the product lines we are already in.
- Proactively conduct account reviews with all assigned customers on a regular basis to review needs and forecasts.
- Manage and document prospect and customer information into CRM in a timely manner.
- Lead in the development of new project proposals and quotes at key accounts.
- Provide regular input to management on all account activity, including status and reports on a weekly basis.
- Develop strong working relationship with team members, internally and externally, to ensure the successful delivery of products and services to key accounts.
- Represent a knowledgeable, efficient, and professional image of company to key account by handling business in a respectful and professional demeanor.
- Investigate, track, and resolve client concerns in a timely manner, with follow-up when appropriate.
- Implement and manage the effective delivery of key customer programs including communication strategies, customer training, issue resolution, and reporting.
- Be aware of the competitive landscape for market advantage opportunities.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Four year BA or BS degree in business or technical field required.
- 3+ years account management experience with electronics OEM technology products.
- Experience in strategic account development with strong preference for experience in a company that manufactured product sold as a customized system component used by other manufacturers.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Knowledge of proposal writing, negotiating, and contracting.
- Extremely detail orientated.
- High level of initiative and works well in a team environment.
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent proposal and English-writing skills.
- Experience using a contact database (i.e. ACT!)
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- Lighting background in architectural/commercial fluorescent fixtures.
- Solid understanding of light fixture sales channels and organizations.
- Solid understanding of lighting market value chain and value propositions.
- Technical knowledge of LED components and systems.