Intern Construction Management
MUST LIVE IN THE METRO-ATLANTA AREA
The Construction Management Intern will assist the team with the primary functions of a project. They will help with cost control, planning, scheduling, estimating, safety, process improvement and other related field and office tasks. The goal of the internship is to gain hands-on experience in the construction industry.
- Project Management – Work alongside Project Managers and superintendents, assist with transmittals and submittals, write purchase orders, pay applications/invoices, prepare project plan, purchase material, prepare weekly labor progress reports, create schedules, visit and observe job sites, and attend project meetings.
- Estimating - Read specifications, take off on drawings, obtain drawings, obtain quotes/pricing of material, prepare bids for final bidding, and prepare material quotation sheets (to suppliers).
- Field Work Tasks - Become familiar with equipment, hardware, and installation procedures used on all jobs. Develop an understanding for the time required to complete various tasks involved in the construction work.
- Safety - Assist safety team as needed.
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Self-motivated and able to stay on task
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Must have a strong work ethic and a positive attitude
- Must be willing to travel to different job sites
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in the Microsoft programs
- Previous work experience in the construction industry is preferred
- Previous experience in Procore preferred
MetroPower is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females are encouraged to apply.
MetroPower, Inc.Tucker, GA
TechnologyView All MetroPower, Inc. Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.