IT Support Technician
Metronet Overland Park, KS
- Expired: June 26, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
MetroNet has an immediate opening for an energetic; customer focused IT Support Technician in Overland Park, KS!
At MetroNet, we pride ourselves on providing cutting-edge technology combined with outstanding customer care. We are a fast-growing telecommunication company, offering 100% fiber-optic technology. MetroNet specializes in fiber to the premise TV, voice and internet services that provide our customers with some of the fastest internet speeds in the world. Recognized for being one of the Best Places to Work in 2020 by Glassdoor. We are committed to revolutionizing the industry by enhancing the overall customer experience and optimizing the talent of our valued associates.
We’re looking for tech-savvy, innovative thinkers to join our team and help us create what’s next!
What is in it for you?
- Competitive total compensation package
- 80% of Medical premiums paid for by company
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) company match and 100% vested on day 1
- Discounted MetroNet service in our serviceable area
- Locally owned, friendly, fun atmosphere
Position provides PC Maintenance, Help Desk Technical Support, LAN Support services and project work to support more efficient use of company resources and manpower.
What you will be doing:
- Installs and configures workstations
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs PC hardware and computer peripherals
- Documents, upgrades and replaces PC hardware and software systems
- Provides support to end users on a variety of technical issues
- Provides user support for all LAN-based applications
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support
- Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution
- Repairs printers and copiers
- First-level support for phones, smartphones, and other tools
- Certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
- May be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
What You Need For This Position:
- 1-3 years related work experience required
- Associate’s degree in related field desired
- Microsoft certifications desired
- Requires valid driver’s license
MAC OS knowledge/technical experience mandatory
- Knowledge and experience with PCs, Servers, network hardware and software
- Knowledge and experience with data cabling
- Working knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN architecture
- Personally motivated, aggressively goal-oriented focus
- Superior interpersonal skills, ability to work well with others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented organizational skills
- Analytical problem solving skills
- An ability to understand complex issues and learn quickly
- Adaptability, flexibility, and creativity
- Mature professional attitude
- Professional appearance
- Ability and willingness to accept direction and work in a team environment
If you have a strong desire to impact, the success of our organization by ensuring we continue to attract and retain committed professionals, please apply today!
MetroNet is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER