Directional Drilling Operator
MetroNet Fayetteville, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MetroNet is looking for you! MetroNet has an immediate opening for an energetic; Directional Drilling Operator!
MetroNet is a leading provider of 100% fiber optic internet, television, and telephone services. We are currently available or under construction in over 80 communities in Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, and Ohio. MetroNet provides fiber-to-the-premise (FTTP) technology to homes and businesses within its footprint, giving our customers access to some of the fastest internet speeds in the world. We pride ourselves on our cutting-edge technology combined with outstanding customer care.
We’re looking for tech-savvy, innovative thinkers to join our team and help us create what’s next!
What is in it for you?
- Competitive total compensation package
- 80% of Medical premiums paid for by company
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) company match and 100% vested from the day you are eligible to contribute to the plan.
- Discounted MetroNet service in our serviceable area
- Cell phone allowance
- Locally owned, friendly, fun atmosphere
The Directional Drilling Operator position is a Driller that can drill and install conduit, pull in cable and install handholes, flower pots, pedestals and row signs. In addition, the Driller will be expected to undertake a lead role in the field for all drilling, conduit installation, cable pulling and other installation and network repair work as required. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned. This position requires field work which may include overtime, weekends, holidays and off hours and work in inclement weather.
Travel will be required depending on the needs of business.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for crew, vehicles, equipment materials and crew production
- Openly share knowledge with other company departments
- Accurately complete progress forms, project activity reports and all other documentation pertaining to work assignments
- Safely work in streets and alleys as well as other work conditions including manholes, ditches and other excavations
- Operate crew vehicles, drilling equipment, vactron equipment, various equipment and conduit trailers, backhoe/mini-excavator, core drilling equipment and other tools and equipment normally used in horizontal directional drilling activities.
- Familiar with proper safety equipment and instruct new trainees in the proper use of the equipment and installation per the design
- Follows OSHA, NESC, and Metronet safety regulations and precautions when completing assigned work
What You Need For This Position:
- High school diploma or the equivalent is required. HDD training is desirable
- Minimum of 4 years as a driller
- CDL or ability to obtain a CDL is desirable
- Safe work history
- Ability to read and interpret OSP maps and designs
- Knowledge of NESC, OSHA, and related state and local codes
- Ability to use a laptop or tablet to send and receive e-mail and complete production reports etc.
- Strong planning, organizational, and follow up skills
- Good analytical and communication skills, sound judgment, and the ability to work effectively with multiple department staffs
- Ability to recognize priority issues and escalate accordingly
- Ability to learn new processes and procedures
- A drive to win as part of a team
- Passion for your work and the mission of the company
If you have a strong desire to impact, the success of our organization by ensuring we continue to attract and retain committed professionals, please apply today!
MetroNet is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We got our start in 2005, with our first fiber optic network in Greencastle, Indiana, and have since expanded into 50+ communities throughout Indiana, Illinois, and Kentucky. All MetroNet services are delivered across our 100% fiber-optic network made up of thousands of miles of fiber optic cables connected directly to homes and businesses.
At MetroNet, we are committed to bringing state-of-the-art telecommunication services to the communities we serve by delivering services comparable or superior to those offered in large metropolitan areas. This commitment not only means better internet, television and telephone options for our customers today but also the capacity to continually provide additional products and services in the future as new uses for 100% fiber are developed.
Our commitment to our communities doesn’t stop at bringing exciting new technology. We’re also proud to have local retail stores, staffed with friendly associates and technicians who actually live in the communities we serve. We find it is always reassuring to see a familiar face when your services are installed or when you stop by our store. Our innovative store design allows customers to test drive MetroNet products at interactive kiosks, sign up for services, pay their bills, and much more.
ConstructionView all jobs at MetroNet