MetroNet has an immediate opening for an energetic and dynamic Construction Manager in Ames, IA!
At MetroNet, we pride ourselves on providing cutting-edge technology combined with outstanding customer care. We are a fast-growing telecommunication company, offering 100% fiber-optic technology. MetroNet specializes in fiber to the premise TV, voice and internet services that provide our customers with some of the fastest internet speeds in the world. Recognized for being one of the Best Places to Work in 2020 by Glassdoor. We are committed to revolutionizing the industry by enhancing the overall customer experience and optimizing the talent of our valued associates.
We’re looking for tech-savvy, innovative thinkers to join our team and help us create what’s next!
What is in it for you?
- Competitive total compensation package
- 80% of Medical premiums paid for by company
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) company match and 100% vested on day 1
- Discounted MetroNet service in our serviceable area
- Locally owned, friendly, fun atmosphere
Reporting to the Director of Construction, the Construction Manager is the leader of their assigned project(s). The Construction Manager has the ultimate responsibility for the project budget, meeting project timelines, customer expectations, managing the project team, and interfacing with the customer.
What you will be doing:
- Review and fully understand the contracts and requirements of each project.
- Create and execute project work plans, schedules, and control budgets as well as identifying and acquiring resources needed for prosecution of the project(s).
- Assign individual duties to the project management team and staff.
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of a project to ensure on-time and under budget project completion.
- Meet with internal and external customers with prepared reports to give progress updates, answer questions, and manage requested changes to project plans.
- Manage the decisions on the scope and delivery of the project including serving as a technical expert in interpreting the specification of the project.
- Communicate requirements and specifications to the project staff and assist with any questions related to the technology, equipment, and design requirements.
- Serve as the project spokesperson when necessary by developing relationships and facilitating communication, updates, and meetings with internal and external customers.
- Ensure contract, permit and authorization compliance, as applicable.
- Review and approve job cost accounting reports submitted to home office.
- Maintain day-to-day communication with the Director of Construction and other management.
- Produce quality results in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Represent MetroNet professionally to satisfy immediate customer needs and to foster return business.
- Respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, and personal appearance according to company policies.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role and those of the project team.
- Adhere to company policies, regulations, procedures, and principles.
What You Need For This Position:
- BS/BA degree in construction management, electrical engineering, or civil engineering preferred
- Equivalent experience will be considered
- Strong knowledge of Telecom construction and engineering, project budget creation and management, project scheduling and tracking, project finance, cost reporting, and field office operations
- Solid business acumen and experience in managing large telecom construction projects
- Ten or more years of telecommunications OSP network design and construction experience or acceptable equivalent required
If you have a strong desire to impact, the success of our organization by ensuring we continue to attract and retain committed professionals, please apply today!
MetroNet is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We got our start in 2005, with our first fiber optic network in Greencastle, Indiana, and have since expanded into 50+ communities throughout Indiana, Illinois, and Kentucky. All MetroNet services are delivered across our 100% fiber-optic network made up of thousands of miles of fiber optic cables connected directly to homes and businesses.
At MetroNet, we are committed to bringing state-of-the-art telecommunication services to the communities we serve by delivering services comparable or superior to those offered in large metropolitan areas. This commitment not only means better internet, television and telephone options for our customers today but also the capacity to continually provide additional products and services in the future as new uses for 100% fiber are developed.
Our commitment to our communities doesn’t stop at bringing exciting new technology. We’re also proud to have local retail stores, staffed with friendly associates and technicians who actually live in the communities we serve. We find it is always reassuring to see a familiar face when your services are installed or when you stop by our store. Our innovative store design allows customers to test drive MetroNet products at interactive kiosks, sign up for services, pay their bills, and much more.