Electrical Wire/Cable Sales Consultant
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
Metro Wire & Cable, one of the Nation's top two-hundred electrical distributors, provides warehousing, supply chain, and delivery services of wire and cable products for a broad spectrum of markets.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our sales team. This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic individual with strong work ethics to join a stable, respected company which offers a competitive wage and benefit package.
Industrial wire and cable sales and/or industrial sales experience is preferred.
- Phone solicitation including cultivating new accounts and follow-up calls to maintain customer contact
- Personal customer contact during working hours and possibly evenings, special events, and weekends (ex. visitation, lunches, dinners, entertainment and sporting events)
- Spot purchasing and/or expediting if needed
- Preparation of quotes
- Mailing and delivering literature, samples and other promotional items
- Providing assistance to other salesperson's accounts, when necessary
- Total participation in marketing and product knowledge programs
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Attending all sales meetings, and individually preparing materials for sales meetings as assigned
- Pricing and editing all sales forms
- Performing any and all assigned duties
- Highly motivated, results driven individual
- Previous, proven sales experience (3+ years)
- A minimum education of a high school diploma
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Previous industrial wire & cable sales experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Base Salary
- Competitive Commission
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) and Profit-Sharing programs
- Vacation/Personal Time-Off
Additional Job Details (Sales Representative)
Location: Sterling Heights, Michigan (MI)
Status: Full-Time, Benefits Eligible, At-Will, Non-Exempt
Similar Jobs Titles: Sales Representative, Sales Consultant, Inside Sales, B2B Field Sales, Outside Sales, Industrial Sales Representative, Business Development Executive
Metro Wire, founded in Detroit, Michigan in 1976, established its Southeast Regional Distribution Center in Atlanta, Georgia in 1981, and it's Midwest Regional Distribution Center in Iowa City, Iowa in 2008. The company, now headquartered in Sterling Heights, Michigan, maintains extensive inventories tailored specifically to customer requirements at each location.
"We are a 'family'. When one employee has a personal crisis or needs help in the office, so many of the employees are there to help and support in their time of need. I know this personally from past experience and it means a lot! Office Manager
"We work hard, but we also have a great time working together. Some of my fondest memories are the relationships I have made with other employees, our customers and vendors" Senior Buyer
Metro Wire and Cable Corp.Why Work Here?
Great company culture, strong industry reputation and unlimited growth potential.
Metro Wire and Cable Corp. is one of the largest National distributors of electrical and electronic wire/cable, and electrical components. Focused on service, sourcing and working side-by-side with our Customers, Metro specializes in creating unique solutions for your most complex, and day-to-day, applications; all since 1976.
6636 Metro ParkwaySterling Heights, MI