Sr. Data Analyst
MSI is seeking a Sr. Data Data Analyst to support our client located in Sacramento, CA.
- Participate in the evolution of change across an organization and play a key role to provide expertise and help create a data driven culture.
- Be part of the transformation and expand the knowledge and use of data to support critical business decisions.
- Experience leading research studies and evaluations by collaborating across the organization to analyze a variety of healthcare data to support clinical and business decisions.
- Responsibilities involve planning, directing, and coordinating analytics using claims data, evaluation research, and health research studies to asses performance measurements and evaluation of processes and outcomes.
- Tasks would include driving the business questions, identify, collect, analyze data utilizing multiple tools sets and presenting the interpretation of the results to senior leaders.
- The successful candidate will have a solid track record of producing intuitive and innovative visualization designs to illuminate trends to produce actionable intelligence to improve the understanding of business/mission data to be used for decision making.
- This position requires a high degree of teamwork, working across business and IT teams.
- The ideal candidate must be an energetic, self-motivated individual with an orientation to explore and analyze data and seek to improve outputs to support customer success goals and objectives.
- Bachelor's (or equivalent) with 8 - 10 yrs. of experience, or a Master's with 6 - 8 yrs of experience (Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, Statistics or Mathematics).
- Analyze and build models with a wide range of healthcare data, Claims, Beneficiary, Provider, Enrollment, Lab, etc.
- Must be proficient in analytics and experience with some reporting and analysis using tools such as MicroStrategy, Business Objects, SAS, R, Python, etc.
- Experience in predictive and AI analytics and understanding of Military Healthcare Systems a plus.
- Provide complex quantitative, statistical and qualitative analysis of large and complete datasets
- Interpret data to provide recommendations on ways to improve access to care, effectiveness, efficacy and satisfaction for the organization.
- Performing independent analysis on data sets to proactively identify potential business improvement opportunities based on identified trends.
- Mentors other analysis and leaders across the organization to support a data driven culture.
- Knowledge and experience with data to ensure solutions answer questions, provide value and create actionable information.
- Must have excellent verbal and written English communications skills.
- Shows initiative to address problems and propose solutions; makes sound, timely decisions that have positive impact on the resolution of issues and problems.
- Sets high personal standards and consistently delivers high quality work products with strong attention to detail.
- Promotes teamwork to develop solutions and values contributions of all team members.