Senior Linux Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Linux Engineer
MSI is seeking a Senior Linux Engineer to support our client located in Arlington, VA.
• Applies current technologies to the design, development, evaluation and integration of computer information systems and networks to maintain system security.
• Works with commercial computer product vendors in the design and evaluation of state-of-the-art secure COTS applications, operating systems, networks and database products and technology.
• Provides security engineering and integration services to internal customers.
• Involved in a wide range of issues including secure architectures, secure electronic data traffic, network security, information security and privacy.
• U.S. Citizenship required.
• Must have an active Secret clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance and DHS Suitability.
• 8+ years of directly relevant experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering, or related degree. High School Diploma and 18+ years of experience can substitute for the BS and 8+ years of experience.
• Knowledge of Red Hat version 6 or 7 (rhel6/rhel7) with the ability to engineer, install, administer, and maintain.
• Highly skilled in Linux-related scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.).
• Experience analyzing and evaluating the security of new and existing IT systems and the procedures to protect information system assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction.
• Kernel infrastructure understanding in a Linux environment.
• Experience analyzing and evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of Information technology and security controls that are in place.
• Knowledge and understanding of operating systems, networks, and services.
• Experience evaluating security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
• Manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
• Experience with Apache web server configuration and management.
• Management, deployment and troubleshooting of Java and Tomcat applications.
• Satellite Server.
• IDM/Free IPA.
• Puppet Training/certification in any of the following strongly desired:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
TechnologyView all jobs at Metro Systems