Senior Desktop Engineer
MSI is actively seeking a Senior Desktop Engineer to support our client located in Washington, DC.
· Responsible for creating deployment packages for COTS and custom applications in an enterprise environment.
· Package applications and software updates utilizing tools such as Flexera Admin Studio, Install Shield, PowerShell, VBScript and Wise Package Studio.
· Proficient in creating and editing MSI installers. Windows batch and PowerShell scripting.
· Develop, maintain, and deploy secure web browser packages using a variety of web browsers including Internet Explorer, FireFox, and Chrome in a Windows environment.
· Develop and follow procedures for testing applications prior to deployment.
· Document the customizations and changes made during the packaging process.
· Participate in the preparation of materials and oral presentations for customers and management.
· Play a lead role in meetings relating to specific technical projects or tasks.
· Build common application packages into SCCM and deploy onto workstations.
· SCCM Software package deployment and troubleshooting.
· Develop software installation scripts and provide code review for complex software installations.
· Assist Support Services in advanced level software installation package distribution troubleshooting.
· Design, implement and configure the COTS/GOTS software needed to support our enterprise SCCM Current Branch (CB) infrastructure.
· Update/Create documentation as needed.
· Create standard operating procedures on all solutions implemented.
· Research, evaluate, and remain current on emerging tools, techniques, and IT technologies.
· Work closely with client to perform technical and requirements analysis.
· Working effectively in a collaborative and innovative team-oriented environment.
· Provides weekly statuses & estimates of all priority and non-priority projects along with recommended scope or schedule changes based on capacity and unforeseen challenges.
· Weekly review of all change requests (CRs).
· Recent experience packaging applications and application updates using Flexera Admin Studio, Install Shield, or Wise Installer/Packaging Studio.
· A thorough understanding of how applications install on the Microsoft Windows platforms.
· Experience or knowledge of Power Shell and/or VB scripting.
· Knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft Registry and ability to query or modify settings.
· Experience with remote access tools, including RDP, NetMeeting and Windows Desktop Sharing.
· Knowledge of MS Windows desktop operating systems.
· Ability to develop and maintain accurate and comprehensive IT documentation.
· Technical document writing experience.
· Experience in software support/packaging.
· Packaging experience with Install Shield or Similar packaging studio.
· Software Deployment using Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
· Extensive knowledge and understanding of Microsoft client operating systems including Windows 7 and Windows 10 and their use in enterprise environments.
· Extensive experience with Microsoft Office and other enterprise applications, including ownership, support and management.
· Experience with and knowledge of AD design and GPO management.
· Knowledge of Windows security components and permission.
· Strong documentation and communication skills.
· Ability to complete tasks with minimal instruction and supervision.
· Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of end users, IT and management staff.
· Attention to detail as well as strong organizational, planning, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
· Experience with customization of MSI files.
· Demonstrated Scripting experience (PowerShell/VB/etc.).
· Enterprise application deployment expertise required.
· Understanding of application packaging and deployment technologies used in corporate environments including Windows Installer.
· Exemplary communication, analytical skills, and technical knowledge across the client environment.
· Ability to produce concise and clear technical documentation.
· Results orientated and schedule driven.
· Experience packaging applications and application updates using Flexera Admin Studio, Install Shield, or Wise Installer/Packaging Studio.
· Candidate should have hands on experience with SCCM or other software packaging type tools.
· Demonstrated experience with packaging with other team members and provide technical leadership.
· Strong development experience, especially scripting and packaging.
· Experience with SCCM CB.
· Experience supporting an enterprise desktop engineering environment.
· Experience with deploying software in a Windows environment.
· Experience leading large, complex desktop engineering deployment projects.
· Hands on experience with Microsoft Windows 10 in an Enterprise Environment.
· Experience with troubleshooting and resolving technical issues with operating systems as a Level 3 desktop engineer
· Experience working in a large enterprise environment and networks.