Power BI Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Formerly Known As Metro Systems, Inc.
Power BI Analyst
Tandym is seeking a Power BI Anaylst to support a top client of ours remotely.
Searching for a BI Analyst to take data and make it useful by creating analytics and dashboards. This role will involve a great deal of interacting with stakeholders to understand requirements, design and development work using visualization tools, as well as peer review prior to going to production.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides support for incoming data requests, gathers user requirements and designs the functional specifications for analytical reports, dashboards or analysis.
• Develops reports and dashboards from multiple data sources using various software tools and reporting tools to identify and resolve data issues.
• Assists users with data extrapolation from multiple sources; generates summary data.
• Develops, codes and tests queries and reports against various databases based on user-specified criteria to fulfill user requirements.
• Develops the scope and design of reports by working closely with the requestors.
• Applies comprehensive business knowledge and thorough understanding of database structure and capabilities to filter and guide business user requests.
• Develops guides and conventions to ensure data is entered into key systems, databases and/or tools appropriately to ensure consistent and accurate reporting.
• Delivers and/or supports training to project teams and users on reporting systems and functionality, specifically utilizing pre-defined reports and tools.
• Facilitate deployment of visualization on Website, SharePoint as required and coordinate updates with appropriate system administrators.
• Preparation of briefing packages, brochures, handouts, and other materials in various mediums
• Complete assignments accurately, thoroughly, and within established timelines
• Plan and use assigned resources appropriately to accomplish tasks; must be able to work on many different projects at one time
• US Citizenship required.
• Must pass background investigation for a Public Trust.
• Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 2-4 years’ experience
• Strong understanding of SQL and relational databases.
• Prior work experience with data visualization, business analytics, business consulting.
• Some coding/programming experience: HTML, Python, R, SAS, Java, C++, SQL, CSS, Scala, Ruby, Perl, etc.
• Experience and or familiarity with HTML, Java Script, CSS (preferred)
• Experience with Business Intelligence Visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Spotfire, Qlik, etc.
• Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve and think critically.
• Skill to organize and analyze interpret data trends.
• Ability to focus on project work and efficiently bring projects to completion.
• Demonstrated proficiency in office productivity applications (such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Excel).
• Basic knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software.
• Basic knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in production of drawings and models.
• Basic knowledge of computer software, such as Adobe, Java, SQL, etc.
Tandym Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
AddressSouth Charleston, WV
BusinessView all jobs at Metro Systems