Lead Systems Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Lead Systems Engineer
MSI is seeking a Lead Systems Engineer to support our client in Washington, DC.
The Lead Systems Engineer (Desktop) designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems. Coordinates system development to include design, modeling, security, integration, and formal testing. Manages and documents system configurations. Oversees the transition into production process. Creates and maintains programmatic and technical documentation to insure efficient planning and execution.
• Contributes to the completion of major engineering programs and may function in a project leadership role.
• Develops solutions to a variety of highly complex engineering problems of advanced scope and complexity.
• Performs highly complex systems design, development, and integration form the start of a systems life cycle to the end.
• Oversight of highly complex infrastructure including installing, configuring, testing, and maintaining operating systems, application software, and system management tools.
• Performs highly complex systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
• Performs continual maintenance and provides highly complex solutions for security, backup, and redundancy problems.
• Prepares and maintains a wide range of documentation for processes and procedures related to engineering projects.
• Provides guidance to less-experienced Systems Engineers.
• Maintains current knowledge of rapidly changing technology and works with management to evolve current processes.
• May coach and review the work of less-experienced professionals.
• May serve as a team or task leader. (Not a people manager)
• U.S. Citizenship or Green Card required.
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
• BA/BS (or equivalent experience) and 8+ years of experience.
• Expert in Microsoft Windows.
• Experience with Group Policy Objects Management, Regression Testing, creating images for laptops, managing images for laptops, and distributing images to multiple lap tops.
• Mac OS experience.
• Enterprise hardware refresh.
• Knowledge of SCCM or MECM.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
TechnologyView all jobs at Metro Systems