Lead Systems Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Formerly Known As Metro Systems, Inc.
Lead Systems Engineer
The Lead Release Engineer will work with Release Management and hosting operations teams to build high frequency automation solutions to maintain the availability and security of live customer environments on Lumen's hosting and cloud platforms. The ideal candidate will be creative and have the ability to start new projects and deliver creative solutions to automate operational activities.
The Systems Engineer II will provide an excellent customer experience by developing error free, efficient scripts and automations that enable the Release Coordination and Execution teams to deploy and/or upgrade management and monitoring agents and associated software on customer servers at scale and with zero or light touch.
The Systems Engineer II will assess new and/or advanced technical system technologies against known vendor requirements and recommendations and will develop implementation solutions. Development workloads are managed using Agile methodologies and will be accompanied by environment audits and supporting documentation that minimizes impact to Lumen’s customers.
- Knowledge of Python and PowerShell scripting with real world experience of writing scripts to deliver automated solutions is essential.
- Experience of IT infrastructure technologies (virtualization, storage, network) with strong knowledge of Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Responsible for the design, build and test stages of a release deployment project, and supports other functions during the pilot and deploy stages.
- Capable of working with appreciable latitude in development methodology and of being self-directed to prioritize deliverables.
- Knowledge of best practice IT operational processes e.g. incident/change/release management.
- Capable of delivering detailed supporting documentation regarding technical projects, such as methods of procedure, release notes.
- Contributes to operational objective setting, server audits and performance metrics where applicable.
Contingent Worker Time Entry Method
Does the position allow for the worker to be remote?
Shore Options for this Position
Supplier Personnel will have physical access to Lumen customers or prospective customers
Will this worker be driving?
Is this a safety sensitive role?
Is this an Outside Sales Role?
Tandym Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
AddressTown and Country, MO
TechnologyView all jobs at Metro Systems
Get fresh Lead System Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.