Help Desk Support Technician
Metro Systems Charlotte, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Help Desk Support Technician
MSI is seeking a Help Desk Support Technician to support our client located in Charlotte, NC.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the technical support assisting end users with their day- to-day technical duties and issues.
• Provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems.
• Answer queries on basic technical issues and offer to solve them.
• Strong technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution.
• Customer-oriented and patient to deal with difficult users.
• Must be focused on working with a team and coordinating with team members to solve complex issues.
• First-level support of all inbound calls, generating an Incident for all new issues.
• First contact resolution (1st call) of desktop issues or follow proper escalation procedures.
• Provide accurate, timely, and professional resolution on all supported issues.
• Proven experience as a Help Desk Analyst or other IT support role.
• Provide a high level of professionalism and customer service.
• Timely, accurate, thorough and professional follow-up on all Incidents.
• Ability to diagnose and resolve basic to mid-level technical issues.
• Quickly identify and escalate high-priority issues.
• Accurately triaging/assigning/escalating tickets per current processes and standards.
• Providing Tier 1 support for all user-level applications
• Providing Tier 1 support for all user operating systems (Windows & MacOS).
• Providing Tier 1 support for all remote access technologies (VPN, Cloud, etc).
• Providing Tier 1 support for all client workstation hardware including desktop, laptops, tablets, printers, and cell phones (Apple and Android).
• Providing Tier 1 support for all telecommunications
• Assisting in all client workstation installations, configuration, deployments, and relocations.
• The ability to effectively communicate technical matters to a non-technical audience while documenting customer interactions.
• Ability to multitask while staying focused in a fast-paced competitive environment
• Experienced in the use of remote access applications
• Monitor Tier 1 ticket resolution
• Update tickets with the latest status
• Escalate the ticket to the correct group if the incident can’t be resolved
• Willing to work additional hours and/or perform additional tasks
• Prior Help Desk experience (2-4 years).
• 2-year Degree (AA) in computer science; or like experience.
• Active Certification required: HDI, Windows 10, MCP, MCSA, Mac OS X Essentials
• Experience working with computers and operating systems.
• Experience with trouble ticketing system—currently using Zendesk
• Thorough knowledge of desktop and business/technical support systems.
• Experience with both Windows and Apple OS
• Strong critical thinking skills that facilitate expedient problem solving.
• Strong communication skills.
• Document problems and resolutions worked on in a timely and efficient manner
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
TechnologyView all jobs at Metro Systems