MSI is actively seeking an ETL Developer to support our client located in Washington, D.C.
- Work to understand customer needs, validate solutions, and define and create the architectural depictions and documents to ensure seamless integration and address all customer priorities, including performance, functionality, ease of use, and security considerations.
- Design and develop Data Warehouse ETL processes and associated reporting.
- Use Informatica, Oracle DB on Unix Solaris platform to extract transform and load data. Develop test integrate and deploy ETL routines using ETL tools and external programming/scripting languages as necessary. Write and maintain unit test cases.
- Ensure data reports meet data accuracy, query performance, usability, and functionality requirements.
- Participate in Informatica ETL Technical reviews.
- Data profiling and source-to-target mapping (including complex business rules).
- Assist with impact analysis of changing upstream processes to Data Warehouse and Reporting systems.
- Analyze, understand, and document user needs to ensure accurate fulfillment of user story requests from internal business customers.
- Develop requirements, review and test systems for performance.
- Develop and test systems within an Agile delivery approach that supports incremental development of high-quality, fully tested application component delivery every 3 weeks.
- Actively participate in the full system lifecycle including analysis, planning, implementation, testing, documentation, and operations.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Write clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer science, electronics engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline and eight (8) years of experience is required. An additional six (6) years of experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Experience in data warehousing, modeling, conversion, and integration.
- Experience with Informatica Metadata Manager.
- Experience with Informatica 9.x, Oracle database 10.x and above and Unix scripting.
- Experience with large-scale system deployment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate efforts with key government and non-government stakeholders.
- Self-starter that can work under general direction in a highly collaborative, team-based environment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- Informatica 10.2 experience.
- Previous Department of Veterans Affairs experience.