Desktop Software Packager
MSI is actively seeking a Desktop Software Packager to support our client located in Washington, DC.
- Responsible for creating deployment packages for COTS and custom applications in an enterprise environment.
- Package applications and software updates utilizing tools such as Flexera Admin Studio, Install Shield, PowerShell, VBScript and Wise Package Studio.
- Proficient in creating and editing MSI installers. Windows batch and PowerShell scripting.
- Develop, maintain, and deploy secure web browser packages using a variety of web browsers including Internet Explorer, FireFox, and Chrome in a Windows environment.
- Develop and follow procedures for testing applications prior to deployment.
- Document the customizations and changes made during the packaging process.
- Participate in the preparation of materials and oral presentations for customers and management.
- Play a lead role in meetings relating to specific technical projects or tasks.
- Build common application packages into SCCM and deploy onto workstations.
- SCCM Software package deployment and troubleshooting.
- Develop software installation scripts and provide code review for complex software installations.
- Assist Support Services in advanced level software installation package distribution troubleshooting.
- Design, implement and configure the COTS/GOTS software needed to support our enterprise SCCM Current Branch (CB) infrastructure.
- Update/Create documentation as needed.
- Create standard operating procedures on all solutions implemented.
- Research, evaluate, and remain current on emerging tools, techniques, and IT technologies.
- Work closely with client to perform technical and requirements analysis.
- Working effectively in a collaborative and innovative team-oriented environment.
- Provides weekly statuses & estimates of all priority and non-priority projects along with recommended scope or schedule changes based on capacity and unforeseen challenges.
- Weekly review of all change requests (CRs).
- Recent experience packaging applications and application updates using Flexera Admin Studio, Install Shield, or Wise Installer/Packaging Studio.
- A thorough understanding of how applications install on the Microsoft Windows platforms.
- Experience or knowledge of Power Shell and/or VB scripting.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft Registry and ability to query or modify settings.
- Experience with remote access tools, including RDP, NetMeeting and Windows Desktop Sharing.
- Knowledge of MS Windows desktop operating systems.
- Ability to develop and maintain accurate and comprehensive IT documentation.
- Technical document writing experience.
- Experience in software support/packaging.
- Packaging experience with Install Shield or Similar packaging studio.
- Software Deployment using Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Microsoft client operating systems including Windows 7 and Windows 10 and their use in enterprise environments.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office and other enterprise applications, including ownership, support and management.
- Experience with and knowledge of AD design and GPO management.
- Knowledge of Windows security components and permission.
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal instruction and supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of end users, IT and management staff.
- Attention to detail as well as strong organizational, planning, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience with customization of MSI files.
- Demonstrated Scripting experience (PowerShell/VB/etc.).
- Enterprise application deployment expertise required.
- Understanding of application packaging and deployment technologies used in corporate environments including Windows Installer.
- Exemplary communication, analytical skills, and technical knowledge across the client environment.
- Ability to produce concise and clear technical documentation.
- Results orientated and schedule driven.
- Experience packaging applications and application updates using Flexera Admin Studio, Install Shield, or Wise Installer/Packaging Studio.
- Candidate should have hands on experience with SCCM or other software packaging type tools.
- Demonstrated experience with packaging with other team members and provide technical leadership.
- Strong development experience, especially scripting and packaging.
- Experience with SCCM CB.
- Experience supporting an enterprise desktop engineering environment.
- Experience with deploying software in a Windows environment.
- Experience leading large, complex desktop engineering deployment projects.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Windows 10 in an Enterprise Environment.
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving technical issues with operating systems as a Level 3 desktop engineer.
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment and networks.