- Under general supervision, configures, installs, maintains and upgrades computer systems hardware and software.
- Administers and maintains security of operating systems.
- Restores files or systems by designing, writing and implementing backup procedures.
- Provides operational support for the organization's information systems and peripheral equipment, such as servers, desktops, printers and storage devices.
- Performs recovery procedures, scheduling and backups, and monitors batch processes.
- Typically has 4 - 6 years relevant experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Install data center infrastructure materials including: racks and cabinets w/grounding, cable tray and ladder, cable management, copper and fiber networking cable, copper and fiber patch panels and any other materials necessary for data center operations.
- Rack and stack equipment including: network switches and routers, servers, power distribution devices, equipment grounding, patch cable network connections to equipment including copper and fiber, any other equipment necessary for data center operations.
- Install structured wiring including network drops, coax cable drops and specialty cable with appropriate connectors in support of facilities operations for the corporate offices.
- Install network equipment and patch infrastructure in tele-data closets and patch in network drops using copper and fiber patch cords.
- Handle all trouble tickets related to these job functions using ServiceNow as a tracking and trouble management system.
- Minimize time to close tickets while maintaining a high level of quality in work
- performed to resolve tickets.
- Proven skills with data center type infrastructure and structured wiring using Avaya, Chatsworth, Cooper B-Line, Corning, Panduit, Siemon, SystiMAX and similar products typical of a data center environment.
- Knowledge of and proven skills with hand and power tools including: drills and saws, cable cutters and strippers, jack block and other cable terminating tools, knowledge of and ability to make and repair copper and fiber patch cables in multiple configurations.
- Knowledge of and proven skills using various test sets including: power system multi-meters, cable test sets (Fluke DTX for copper and fiber), fiber test sets (Fluke OTDR fiber tester), cable testing and certification, network test sets (Fluke OptiView Series II Network Analyzer) for terrestrial and wireless networks.
- Ability to analyze the data center environment and identify areas of improvement and potential trouble conditions, present the facts to management in a timely manner, and make recommendations for solutions.
- Self-motivated individual with the capability to act as team leader overseeing contract technicians and assigned projects.
- Must be able to work off a ladder and frequently lift 50 pounds.