Business Intelligence Engineer
MSI is working with one of the world’s largest, fastest growing, best companies in the world to hire top tier individuals with a background in solving business problems with SQL/data analysis, reporting and data visualizations. The Business Intelligence Engineer will be working as part of a dynamic team and will play a critical role in a best in class, Fortune Top 20 company.
Hard work, a passion for innovation, and zealous advocacy for the needs of our customers have made Client the most customer-centric company. This would not be possible without the tools and expertise the Client uses to understand customer behavior. The Senior Business Intelligence Engineer occupies a unique role at the intersection of technology, marketing, finance, statistics, data mining, and social science. The team provides the key insight into customer behavior necessary to guide the evolution of business strategy.
On this team, understanding customer behavior is paramount to the success in providing customers with convenient, fast free shipping in the US and international markets. As a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer, you will work with world-class marketing and technology teams to ensure that we continue to delight our customers. You will meet with business owners to formulate key questions, leverage the vast Data Warehouse to extract and analyze relevant data, and present your findings and recommendations to management in a way that is actionable.
If you are motivated to serve the needs of our customers, you will also be able to satisfy your curiosity working with one of the world's largest datasets. We seek candidates who are passionate about data analysis and data-driven decision making, uncompromisingly detail oriented, smart, efficient, and driven to help our business succeed by providing key insights that translate into action.
- Gather data from program managers, pipeline work, build dashboards on top of the data.
- Deep dive on all the systems for analysis.
- Write inquiries, talking to customers.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, and analyses used to drive key business decisions.
- Manipulate/mine data from database tables (MySQL, SQL server, Oracle, Data Warehouse, FC log files).
- Conduct deep dive investigations into business problems and identify potential opportunities.
- Identify and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers.
- Work with in-house scientists, global supply chain, transportation and logistics teams, and software teams to identify new features and projects.
- Identify ways to automate analysis through smarter software systems.
- Track realized savings and impacts and communicate results with senior leaders.
- This is an individual contributor role that will partner with internal stakeholders across multiple teams, gathering requirements and delivering complete solutions.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline.
- 3-6 years of experience working with large-scale complex datasets.
- Strong analytical mindset, ability to decompose business requirements into an analytical plan, and execute the plan to answer those business questions.
- Strong ability to solve business problems with visualization dashboards and reports, knowledgeable in KPIs and metrics.
- Strong working knowledge of complex SQL.
- 4+ years of demonstrated quantitative and qualitative data science experience with impact to a business, a track record of problem solving using software systems, and the desire to create and maintain data warehouse systems.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment; ability to re-prioritize on a regular basis in order to remain current with business needs.
- Ability to influence others in a positive and professional manner.
- Background (academic or professional) in statistics, programming, and marketing.
- Excellent communication skills, equally adept at working with engineers as well as business leaders.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or Math/Statistics/Finance or related discipline.
- Advanced knowledge and expertise with Data modelling skills, Advanced SQL with Oracle, MySQL, and Columnar Databases.
- Prior experience with forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis.