Application Development Agile Coach
MSI is looking for an Application Development Agile Coach to support our client in the Mclean, VA area.
- Provides technical guidance regarding planning and execution: helps teams break apart work to fit into sprints.
- Trains, coaches and mentors Agile Scrum methodologies to developers on multiple teams and continues to mature existing Agile teams.
- Guides the process and ensures that Solution Architect directed technical decisions are made and followed.
- Facilitates technical decision making; incorporates feedback and emergent patterns from the team back in to the overall design.
- Collaborate with Solutions Architects on design and managing interdependencies.
- Removes technical impediments.
- Conducts code reviews as needed per Solutions Architect.
- Challenges team to improve technical and creative skillset.
- Provides recommendations on improvements to technical practices.
- Support Program Managers in mapping technical priorities.
- Support development of standards, including documentation.
- Attend Planning meetings, Daily Standup meetings, Sprint Retrospective meetings, and others that pertain to the Agile execution.
- Senior level software developer (10+ years) utilizing Java/J2EE technologies to build enterprise level applications/systems.
- Experience with Agile Scrum as a developer and Agile development coach (5+ years).
- Experience developing applications using Spring and/or Spring Boot, and experience migrating existing applications based on technologies such as Struts, JSF, and Servlets to Spring/Spring Boot.
- Successful implementation of application development using modern tools and methodologies, such as DevOps, GitHub, Cloudbees Jenkins, JUnit and other modern development tool suites.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Azure Cloud computing environment and various services it provides under its offerings such as Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Experience with on premises and native cloud application development.