Supervisor of Accounting Operations
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Supervisor of the Accounting Operations works to ensure the department promptly and accurately processes and pays claims distributions and creates accurate and timely financial records for the organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of the Job:
- Analyzes accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformity to defined standards.
- Supervises the daily processing of the financial aspect of insurance claims, including system documentation, posting of claim checks and fee revenue and disbursement of client and vendor payments.
- Oversees the Collections process with day to day guidance of the collections coordinator, according to established policies and processes.
- Acts as the direct contact concerning calls or contact from Clients or Reps/Adjusters in regards to financial calculations of Insurance funds.
- Record daily bank transactions including fraud protection approval/rejections and remote deposits
- Assists the CFO of certain responsibilities to allow them to spend a greater portion of their time on Financial Statement preparation and analysis, Budget and Variance issues, and Forecasting and overall financial management.
- Performs general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, accruals, and prepaid expenses
- Perform other duties / special projects as assigned
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data, with a low tolerance for financial mistakes
- Excellent Microsoft Office Excel and Word skills, and proficient in Outlook and PowerPoint as well as knowledge of QuickBooks Enterprise software and CashPro.
- Sound understanding of accounting standards (i.e. GAAP), rules, regulations, and systems of internal control
- Excellent ability to interpret and evaluate results and prepare documentation
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and ability to use application information technology and systems to meet work needs
Educational and Experience Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of accounting or related experience
Metro Public Adjustment Corporate
Since 1994, Metro Public Adjustment, Inc. has been an advocate for the rights of the property owner. Our primary purpose is to help our clients navigate through the turbulent waters of settling their property loss claim. Our mission is to be the Public Adjusting firm that consistently exceeds the expectations of our clients and our people. The position listed is to work in the Corporate Headquarters in Bensalem, PA.
Finance and Insurance