Warehouse Team Lead - Metro America - 2nd Shift
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Warehouse Team Lead is responsible to perform the tasks and responsibilities of various warehouse operations jobs including order picking, replenishment, shipping, receiving and cycle counts. In addition to performing multiple warehouse jobs, the team leader will support the supervisor to oversee warehouse operations, ensuring best practice processes are known and adhered to by warehouse team members.
• Responsible to perform multiple warehouse tasks including receiving, order picking, replenishment, cycle counts and shipping to support on-time completion of daily tasks, ensuring customer service standards are met.
• Communicates and works with team members to ensure proper movement of materials throughout the warehouse.
• Provides training, motivation and assist team members to carry out tasks and responsibilities in a safe, standardized and efficient manner.
• Provides peer support for the purpose of on the job training of new hires.
• Influences warehouse team members to follow approved warehouse operating procedures for MHE inspections, damages, replenishment, cleanliness, order picking, shipping, receiving and cycle counts escalating to operations supervisor when necessary.
• Plays a leadership role in daily shift briefings ensuring team member concerns are addressed.
• Suggests ideas for continuous improvement and assists with implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
• Functions as the workflow process and RF Scanner technical expert for team members.
• Ensures RF IT related issues are acted on immediately, including opening IT Track-it and follow-up.
• Supports teamwork by promoting positive two-way communication.
• Assists operations supervisor with monitoring daily productivity and quality goals.
• Completion of Team Lead Daily Shift Report and reviews with the operations supervisor prior to the end of the shift.
• May be required to work multiple shifts during peak business periods or vacation coverage as required to meet customer service levels.
• Oversee the shift in the supervisor’s absence.
• Three (3) years warehouse experience operating material handling equipment (MHE) with a proven track record for safety.
• Previous experience with RF based Warehouse Management System (WMS).
Metro Logistics USA Inc
Transportation and Storage
Get fresh Warehouse Group Lead jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.