LPN / Registered Nurse
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Implements a multidisciplinary treatment education and adherence program focused on high risk patients that includes one-on-one teaching.
Including: - Supervises Care Coordination for Chronic Disease Management
- Monitors work flow to Care Coordination team as appropriate
- Works with Medical Providers and Data Staff to improve Quality
- Develops care plan and other case management tools by: meeting with patients; coordinating information and care requirements with other care providers; resolving issues that could affect smooth care progression; fostering peer support; and providing education to others regarding the case management process.
- Monitors delivery of care by: meeting with patients; documenting care; identifying progress toward desired care outcomes; intervening to overcome deviations in the expected plan of care; reviewing the care plan with patients in conjunction with the care team.
- Evaluates outcomes of care with the interdisciplinary team by measuring intervention effectiveness with the team; implementing team recommendations.
- Provides triage and advice services (electronic, phone and telemedicine).
- Assists with prescription refills, pharmacy communications and medication reconciliation
- Assembles information concerning patient's clinical background and referral needs. Per referral guidelines, provide appropriate clinical information to specialist.
- Contacts review organizations and insurance companies to ensure prior approval requirements are met. Presents necessary medical information such as history, diagnosis and prognosis.
- Reviews details and expectations about the referral with patients.
- Assists patients in problem solving potential issues related to the health care system, financial or social barriers (e.g., request interpreters as appropriate, transportation services or prescription assistance).
- Provides written educational materials as needed to inform clients about treatment regimens, particularly the need for compliance with medications prescribed.
- Provides support to Medical Assistants.
- Tasks as assigned
Job Type: Full-time
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong interest in public health/ chronic disease management
- Charge Nurse Experience or Management experience preferred
- Team Player
Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing
Required license or certification:
Registered Nurse (RN)
Metro Health is a primary healthcare organization that is committed to using data and technology to improve the health outcomes of our patients. Our services include multidisciplinary and integrated primary healthcare, behavioral health and nutrition services.
1012 14th Street NorthwestWashington, DC
HealthcareView all jobs at Metro Health
Get fresh RN Risk Management jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.