We are looking for a Full Charge Bookkeeper.
The successful candidate must possess excellent customer service and phone skills, and demonstrate the ability to work as a part of our team. Attitude and the ability to handle difficult situations in a professional manner is VERY important!
Candidates must be able to quickly learn and use our software package, and produce financial statements and/or supporting spreadsheets by exporting text and numerical data to Microsoft Word or Excel for final publishing.
The position requires the ability to juggle several organizational tasks at once. Responsibilities include managing all aspects of general ledger, accounts receivable, and accounts payable, as well as handling payroll information, credit card statements, cash flow, and may be called upon for various other miscellaneous duties.
The job is hands-on and detail-oriented, so candidates must be responsible, self-reliant, and able to present information accurately and effectively to co-workers and our clients. The bookkeeper must be able to define problems distinctly, collect data accurately, establish reliable facts, and draw valid conclusions.
The candidate should possess competent computer skills and a college-level accounting background, and preferably an accounting degree and/or documented experience with one or more of the following accounting software packages: Skyline, C3, or VMS in a property management setting. QuickBooks Professional expertise is also a plus.
General Bookkeeping Duties include:
- Accounts Receivable/Collections
- Accounts Payable/Cash Disbursements
- Trial Balances
- Financial Statements
- General Client Notification Letters and Follow-up Phone Calls
Specific Bookkeeping Duties include:
- Develop system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balance subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Balance general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintain historical records by filing documents.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, summarizing, and analyzing account information and trends.
- Investigate federal and state laws by studying requirements; and advising management on needed actions.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related goals or staff requests as needed.
We are a fast-paced property management firm with over 40 years of service to the metropolitan area, seeking a highly-organized bookkeeper to handle the basic financial management of a 25 property portfolio on a full-time basis.
We offer a friendly and stable, non-smoking office environment for someone with a commitment to excellence and effective work.
Office Hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Metro Group Management Corporation
Why Work Here?We are a 52-year-old property management company specializing in condominium and homeowner association management. Our client associations are located across the Tri-County area, including Bloomfield Hills, West Bloomfield, Troy, Rochester, Clarkston, Waterford, Northville, Novi, Plymouth, and Ann Arbor.
Enhance your career with a growing company.
Keego Harbor, MI