Are you looking for your employer to invest in you as much as you invest in them? We have an exciting opportunity as a Grinding Ball Sorter at a recycling facility with the Intermountain West’s premier scrap metal recycling company. Over the years we have worked with thousands of customers, from local residents with a few pounds of soda pop cans to large companies with truckloads of scrap material. We are looking for a self-starting individual who is ready to grow with a company who places an emphasis on employee development. As a Grinding Ball Sorter, your responsibilities will include working with the production team in sorting through small, medium, to large metal balls which are used to break down rock and stone at mining facilities. These balls become damaged and need to be sorted out.
To be successful as a Grinding Ball Sorter, you must be willing to perform a variety of duties but must be able to stand and lift for extended periods of time. This position requires working in the elements, so you will be willing to work in the heat of summer and cold of winter. If you are willing to go the extra mile to help others with their questions or needs, be a team player, and live up to our Core Values, you will be very popular here.
- Comparing purchase orders with invoices and packaging lists.
- Inspecting deliveries to ensure they match order and invoice criteria.
- Receiving and signing for deliveries.
- Unloading deliveries from trucks.
- Processing returns for incorrect or unsatisfactory items.
- Organizing and storing received items in appropriate areas.
- Updating inventory with received items.
- Communicating with vendors regarding delays or problems.
- Maintaining records of orders, delivery details, etc.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Repetitive motion required.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Able to work in the heat of the summer and cold of the winter.
- Good attendance and punctuality is a must.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Regular exposure to dust and dirt.
- Maintains appropriate housekeeping in work area.
- Ability to sit, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach and work on your feet for extended periods of time
- The employee occasionally is required to lift up to 80 pounds. The employee is frequently required to use hands, fingers; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Good hand and forearm strength
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life/AD&D, Medical Savings Plan
- Flexible Savings Account
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 7 paid holidays
- 401k w/ Metro matching up to 4% (employees eligible after 1 year of employment)
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus
- Safety Incentives - Steak dinner
- Company Christmas Party
- Company Summer Employee & Family Party
- Extra Mile Program
Metro Group Inc
Why Work Here?Metro Group, Inc. is a premier metal recycling company servicing the Wasatch Front, locations in Idaho and Nevada. Family owned and operated since 1976, Metro Group is committed to providing quality service with integrity. As a growing company, we are looking for a self-motivated individual passionate about customer service, optimizing experience and enhancing the effectiveness of our team. We want to execute winning strategies to ensure we are providing WOW customer service in a safe and effective manner.
Awesome work environment, great benefits, and room for growth!
Salt Lake City, UT