Heavy Equipment Operator
Metro Group, Inc. is a premier metal recycling company servicing the Wasatch Front. Family owned and operated since 1976, Metro Group is committed to providing quality service with integrity. As a growing company, we are looking for a self-motivated individual passionate about customer service, optimizing experience and enhancing the effectiveness of our team. We want to execute winning strategies to ensure we are providing WOW customer service in a safe and effective manner.
- If you like a variety of duties, this is the perfect role for you. As our backup equipment operator, you will be interacting with customers, vendors, and a variety of our employees. A typical day might include loading and unloading customers from small vehicles to large semi-trucks by hand or by a variety of equipment, attention to detail while unloading customers in critical to insure no damage happens.
- Do you enjoy creating a "WOW" customer service experience? We are looking for someone who is friendly and outgoing. You will often be Wasatch Metal Recycling's main contact with customers, drivers and vendors. If you are willing to go the extra mile to help others with their questions or needs, you will be very popular here at Wasatch Metal Recycling. Ideally you should be courteous, friendly and professional.
- Do you enjoy performing a variety of tasks, never knowing what to expect? Our operators create a great customer experience by unloading material by hand, using material handlers, excavators, dismantling and draining fluid from cars, and much more. No two days are the same and we need an operator that can work with multiple competing tasks and provide the "WOW" customer experience we need.
- Must be able to work 1:30pm-10:00pm M-F
- 14.40 per hour
- 1 year of customer service experience in a fast-paced environment
- 1 year of heavy equipment operating experience
- Problem solving skills and stellar organizational skills
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to exert frequently up to 40 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- The employee is often required to use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life/AD&D, Medical Savings Plan
- Flexible Savings Account
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k w/ Metro matching up to 4% (employees eligible after 1 year of employment)
- 7 paid holidays
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus
- Safety Incentives - steak dinner
- Company Christmas Party
- Company Summer Employee & Family Party
- Extra Mile Program