Flat Bed Driver
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Metro Group Inc. is currently seeking a Local Class A CDL driver to join our organization based out of our Salt Lake City Location. This position will be responsible for operating primarily a tractor-trailer with a flat bed trailer while directly interacting with customers in the Salt Lake Valley. Assisting with loading and unloading may be required. This will be a local/regional delivery service with a typical 8-10 hour shift per day, Monday - Friday. Home every night and weekend plus annual profit bonus, summer and winter company parties, and a great company culture!
To be successful as one of our drivers, you should be able to inspect deliveries with great attention to detail, be in good physical condition to lift and move heavy items, and have a proven track record of safety. Ultimately, a top driver will be safety conscientious and focused on providing a “Wow” experience when interacting with clients and customers.
- Performs delivery tasks including delivery of products to customers
- Follow all local and federal regulations for transportation.
- Responsible for timely, understandable, legible and accurate paperwork.
- Must be willing to fill at other tasks when needed.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of DOT reports and regulations.
- Flatbed experience preferably with overhang
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- 1-2 years of Class A driving experience.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills.
- Familiar with the Wasatch front area.
- Effective written communication skills and ability to complete paperwork promptly.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must present themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- Must be physically able to climb into trucks and onto trailers and containers.
- Must be able to pass background check along with drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be able to understand and follow all transportation regulations.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds repetitively.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life/AD&D
- Flex/Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 7 paid holidays
- 401k w/ Metro matching up to 4% (employees eligible after 1 year of employment)
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus
- Safety Incentives
- Company Holiday Party
- Company Summer Employee & Family Party
- Individual Recognition Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Metro Group IncWhy Work Here?
Awesome work environment, great benefits, and room for growth!
Metro Group, Inc. is a premier metal recycling company with locations in Utah, Idaho, and Nevada. Family owned and operated since 1976, Metro Group is committed to providing quality service with integrity. As a growing company, we are looking for a self-motivated individual passionate about customer service, optimizing experience and enhancing the effectiveness of our team. We want to execute winning strategies to ensure we are providing WOW customer service in a safe and effective manner.
3150 W 900 SSalt Lake City, UT
Transportation and Storage