Metro Community Health Center Pittsburgh, PA
- Posted: July 15, 2021
We are an integrated medical, mental health, and dental clinic, located in Swissvale. We serve the neighborhoods of Swissvale, Wilkinsburg, Braddock, the greater Pittsburgh area, and all people who come to us. At Metro, our providers collaborate with each other to treat every aspect of a patient's health, all under one roof. We offer all of our services to everyone, regardless of identity, income, insurance status, or the ability to pay.
Metro Community Health Center extends great benefits to our eligible employees.
MCHC current benefits are:
MCHC pays 100% of the employee premium for UPMC Platinum Small Business Medical, United Concordia dental, STD, LTD and Life insurance
VBA vision coverage is offered as voluntary coverage that paid for by the employee
Medical and Dependent Care FSA and HRA
2 weeks of paid parental leave
20 days (4 weeks) of PTO for your 1st two years
9 paid holidays
401k with a 4% match
Job Summary for the Medical Assistant position:
This position is responsible for the daily clinical support of the medical model for the delivery of primary care to the patients and families of Metro Community Health Center, Inc. Additionally, this position is responsible for productive and efficient operations of the department through timely and attentive clinical support to the leadership within the medical model.
Essential Functions for the Medical Assistant position:
- Maintain patient records and related administrative documentation
- Knowledge and ability to use requisite tools, systems, technology and equipment in the collection of patient data
- Support the clinical operations of the health center, according to policies and procedures
- Utilize computers in the collection, management, and reporting of patient records
- Ability to work with a diverse, sometimes difficult and demanding patient population
Primary Functions for the Medical Assistant position:
- Ensure safe, productive, and efficient operation of the clinic assigned through timely and attentive administrative and clinical support (as authorized or licensed)
- Perform duties including, but not limited to, vital signs, assisting the providers with procedures, providing patient education, conduct in-office testing to include; urine pregnancy screen, urine dip, rapid strep, laboratory tests, pregnancy tests, fecal occult blood, and HIV screening, lead testing, immunizations and other injections, as required
- Assist the clinical assistant and CNO with quality assurance, quality controls, inventory of clinical supplies, and maintenance of clinical supplies.
- Ensure all patient records and related documents are managed and maintained timely, accurately, and consistent with all HIPAA and related regulations and requirements
- Ensure all tasks provided and associated with patient care, patient administrative processes, and related duties complies with all regulatory and accreditation standards, as well as clinic policies and procedures
- Ensure that OSHA/CLIA Standards are maintained according to policies and procedures
- Sterilization and cleaning of surgical instruments according to policies and procedures
- Understand the VFC program and properly document given vaccinations in PA-SIIS and in the electronic health record
- Maintain refrigerator temperatures, records temperatures twice daily, documents of temperature logs, and works collaboratively with clinical coordinator and VFC offices
- Telephone triage of all calls within the department
- Maintain a clean work environment (within exam rooms, desk space, etc.) at all times
- Maintain appropriate use of fax machine, copier, computer, and company phone as directed
- Other duties and tasks, as assigned
Job Requirements for the Medical Assistant position:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of a medical assistant course, including phlebotomy & injections
- Significant knowledge of medical practices and procedures in a primary care environment.
- Demonstrated success and experience with direct patient services (e.g. phlebotomy) and the proper knowledge and use of medical devices and equipment
- One year of medical assistant experience required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Metro Community Health Center
HealthcareView all jobs at Metro Community Health Center