Fixed Wing Instructor/Check Airman - Pilatus - Remote
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
*$2,000 Sign-On Bonus*
*$5,000 Retention Bonus*
*$5,000 Hardship Stipend*
Metro Aviation is seeking a Fixed Wing Instructor/Check Airman (PC12) to work as an integral part of the Metro team for our operations in (Arizona, Oregon, Utah, Wyoming).
Our mission is to provide the safest and highest quality traditional aircraft operations, completions, and maintenance so that we will:
- Allow our customers to safely and effectively accomplish their mission profile,
- Allow our employees to exercise their talents and maximize their potential, and
- Ensure the financial stability of the corporation.
Our goal is to find qualified candidates who value our mission and contribute to our overall safety culture.
We invest in the well-being of our employees. The following FREE benefits are offered to all full time employees: family health and prescription insurance, family dental insurance, family vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, and an Employee Assistance Program.
The Instructor/Check Airman performs pilot training and evaluation duties in accordance with the Metro Aviation pilot training program.
- Conduct aviation training and evaluation as assigned and qualified for in accordance with the Metro Aviation Approved Training Program
- Ensure standardized pilot training/procedures are adhered to in accordance with the Metro Aviation Approved Training Program, as applicable to aircraft assigned
- Assist the Assistant Chief Pilots in the continuous development and improvement of the Metro Aviation Approved Training Program
- Conduct classroom instruction as required
- Operate aviation simulators or Flight Training Devices as required
- Submit required reports as directed
- Attend meetings/conference calls as required or directed
- Work with the Chief Pilot and/or Regional Aviation Managers concerning issues related to pilot job performance issues
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Possess sound judgment and objectivity in decision-making
- Ability to work independently effectively
- Ability to create an environment that demonstrates teamwork and professionalism with diverse personalities and professional backgrounds
- Ability to maintain cooperative and harmonious relationships with internal and external customers
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and strong initiative
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite products
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Required Certificates
- FAA Airline Transport Pilot Certificate
- Current Competency, Proficiency Check or Flight Review
- FAA 2nd Class Medical (1st Class Medical for Turbojet PIC)
- PC-12 Experience
- Minimum Required Experience
- Total Flight Time = 2,500 hours
- Total Pilot-In-Command = 1,000 hours
- Cross Country Flight Time= 500 hours
- Night Flight Time= 100 hours
- Instrument Flight Time= 75 hours (50 in flight)
- Preferred Experience & Education
- Air Medical operations
- Single Pilot IFR operations
- International operations
- High Performance, High Altitude and Complex Endorsements (or equal 121/135 Training Documentation)
- Part 121/135 operations
- Aviation instruction (CFI)
- Training curriculum development
- College degree in Aviation
- Prolonged periods of standing, sitting, and walking
- Ability to conduct activities requiring a moderate to a rigorous amount of static pushing, pulling, reaching, and lifting
- Capable of lifting 40 pounds floor to bench height
- Ability to hear and respond to routine aircraft noises
- Ability to wear a commercially available respirator mask with proper fit when requested
- Require close and distant visual capability Periodic hands to key ability (typing)
- Temperature controlled office/rest quarters
- Exposure to outdoor aircraft facility with potential cold and hot temperatures
- Exposure to running aircraft
- Exposure to refueling systems
- Close, confined spaces in aircraft and simulator
WORK STATUS & SCHEDULE
- Full Time
- Travel required
*Metro Aviation does not have a Visa Sponsorship program at this time*
Metro Aviation is committed to employees, customers, and the community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies, programs, and procedures that foster a work environment where differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.
Metro Aviation prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Metro Aviation and its employees, including recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, employee benefits, and application of policies.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at Metro Aviation
Get fresh Fixed WING Pilot jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.