Instructional Systems Designer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Metris Global is a certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) dedicated to helping government identify and solve problems. Our concierge-minded team of special operations and interagency advisors provide professional services, full spectrum pre-deployment, and full mission profile (FMP) training exercises to achieve this mission. Our work has quietly saved lives and taxpayer dollars. If you are passionate about "Training Today's Warriors for Tomorrow's Threats", we would love you to join our Team.
Metris Global Values:
- Work Ethic – Passionate, motivated, proactive, attention to detail.
- Integrity – Unquestionable level of sound morale and ethical principles.
- Professionalism – Conduct oneself with the appearance, demeanor, humility, and competence.
- Loyalty – Commitment to doing what is in our best interest as a company and to our clients.
- Accountability – Humility, transparency, and responsibility.
- Innovation – There is ALWAYS a “better and more efficient way” to complete the mission.
The Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) shall provide instructions design and development support in accordance with client-specific requirements and standard operating procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Provide design documents in accordance with USCG SOPs and other requirements as specified in the task order under this contract.
- Prepare storyboards and/or outlines for content development in accordance with USCG SOPs and other requirements as defined in the task order under this contract.
- Select appropriate delivery methods and media to support development of human performance and testing of competencies.
- Prepare and structure tests and practical application exercises so these are reliable indicators that a learned has learned to perform the tasks identified in the objectives.
- Perform formative and summative evaluations, including pilot studies.
- Revise versions in accordance with feedback from reviews and data obtained in pilot testing.
- Develop plans for piloting training experiences developed under task orders.
- Develop reports of pilot studies usable in finalizing the training products.
- Participate in reviews.
- Ensure work and processes conform to USCG TRASYS SOPs, standards, and other requirements stipulated in task orders under this contract.
- Members shall demonstrate effective communication, collaboration, and teamwork with all government and contract team members.
- Work independently or as part of a team to complete assigned tasks.
- Oversee the successful completion of ISD projects in accordance with Coast Guard Training System Standard Operating Procedures and Training Center specific policies.
- ISD professionals shall work effectively in a team environment.
- Must possess either a master’s degree in Instructional Systems, Instructional Systems Technology, Instructional & Performance Technology, or Education (with a concentration in Educational Technology). Five years’ documented experience in a related field may be substituted for the educational requirement.
- Must possess a minimum of two years’ experience using the Instructional Systems Development (ISD) process in the development of courses and training interventions.
- Must be proficient in using the following software applications: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and computer graphics programs.
- Task Orders under this contract may include physical requirements related to the work to be conducted, especially those at Government facilities or on vessels and platforms, persons conducting the task orders must be able to physically observe performance and climb ladders and/or other physical requirements associated with the work environment.
- Successful SSBI background investigation (required).
- Must submit resume and OF-306.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- STD/LTD Insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid sick time
- 11 paid holidays
Metris Global Values:
• Work Ethic – Passionate, motivated, proactive, attention to detail.
• Integrity – Unquestionable level of sound morale and ethical principles.
• Professionalism – Conduct oneself with the appearance, demeanor, humility, and competence.
• Loyalty – Commitment to doing what is in our best interest as a company and to our clients.
• Accountability – Humility, transparency, and responsibility.
• Innovation – There is ALWAYS a “better and more efficient way” to complete the mission.
AddressNew London, CT
EducationView all jobs at Metris Global