USAID Acquisition & Assistance Specialist
Metrics LLC Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Acquisition & Assistance Specialists
Metrics LLC is competing to provide remote contracting support to USAID in their South Sudan office. The candidate would be required to work an 8 hour day that starts no later than 7am EST. The acquisition and Assistance Specialist would provide the full life-cycle of contracting services that include the following:
Pre-Award and Award Negotiations:
- Procurement planning activities, which may include reviewing and recommending clearance of procurement plans and procurement documents by the USDH Contracting Officers and representing OAA at program planning meetings.
- Developing draft acquisition plans, source selection plans, and contract terms, conditions, or financial arrangements.
- Preparing and maintaining current acquisition plans, appropriate milestone charts, and related schedules and keeping client offices informed of anticipated workload demands.
- Advising client offices in activity planning meetings on the procurement instruments to be used.
- Collaborating in the development of evaluation criteria and assisting in the preparation of statements of work for the mission.
- Developing objectives for the program in terms of competition, constructing the appropriate contractual or assistance vehicle, which may include the use of pricing arrangements, subcontracting policies, set-aside policies, and similar considerations.
- In collaboration with other USAID staff, conducting and providing recommendations to the Contracting Officers regarding pre-award surveys and special award conditions.
- Providing advice to resolve special procurement problems associated with waiver requests, expediting of deliveries, apparent overlapping responsibilities, and claims resolution.
- Preparing solicitation documents.
- Performing detailed analyses of all elements of cost in contractor proposals.
- Recommending the competitive range and preparing defensible justifications when required.
- Conducting pre-proposal conferences with prospective contractors to arrive at a clear understanding of what is required under the proposed contract.
- Obtaining appropriate data from external business and technical office representatives.
- Recommending clarifications and resolutions of questions concerning such topics as specification changes, language ambiguities, or clarification of contract clauses or subcontracts.
- Exploring new or innovative contracting approaches to arrive at an equitable contract arrangement.
- Conducting in-depth compliance review and evaluation of complex, unusual, or unprecedented contract actions requiring higher-level approval.
- Under the supervision of the USDH Contracting Officer, ensuring that contract terms and conditions are met and that the contractor delivers the required goods or services in a timely manner to achieve the objectives of the Agency’s projects and programs.
- Recommending cure or show-cause notices when the contractor is not in compliance.
- Conducting analysis and preparing required documentation for various contracting actions, including: incremental funding, rate and cost adjustments, redirection of effort, time extension, incorporation of change orders, stop work orders, cure notices or show cause letters, approval of progress payments, final payment to the contractor, and contract closeout.
- Evaluating and making recommendations regarding the adequacy of the awardee’s business management systems for areas such as personnel compensation, insurance subcontracting and/or sub-granting procedures, and financial management.
- Under the supervision of the USDH Contracting Officer, ensuring compliance with applicable cost principles, and Cost Accounting Standards and requirements.
- Interpreting award provisions for USAID employees and providing appropriate advice and guidance.
- Anticipating problems and providing advice on effective implementation and required timeframes.
- Preparing documentation necessary to support or defend termination decisions, whether terminating awards for the convenience of the Government or default by the awardee, and support for negotiating termination claims settlement.
- Preparing necessary documents to resolve all aspects of audits, questioned or ineligible costs, and accounting issues.
- Supporting audit finding recommendations with detailed analysis of each cost, category, or element as necessary.
- Reviewing completed (after full performance) contract files to determine that all contractual actions are satisfied, and that there are no pending administrative actions to be resolved.
- Ensuring that all file documents are signed, that there are no litigation actions pending, and that the contract is complete in every respect and ready to be closed.
- Ensuring that contracts nearing annual anniversaries or final completion have a completed performance report, including review of draft performance reports from the CORs/AORs, reviewing contractor responses/comments, and making recommendations to the USDH Contracting Officers.
- Maintaining documents so that they may be filed into the ASIST filing system per Agency policy.
- Serving as a resource person and mentor to Juba-based A&A Specialists.
- Training A&A Specialist staff on all aspects of acquisition and assistance procedures, policy and document formation. The training must encompass procurement planning, design and solicitation processes, negotiation and award, contract compliance monitoring and administration, design of tools and templates to utilize in training and other related topics as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree
- At least 3 years of experience in applying applicable A&A laws and regulations.
- At least 3 years of experience in international development.
- Previous experience as a warranted Contracting and/or Agreement Officer.
- A master’s degree/JD, or equivalent, in law from an accredited US university.
- Experience in applying applicable USAID policies.
- Experience in providing A&A services to clients in non-permissive environments.
Providing quality government consulting in today's resource constrained environment, Metrics LLC balances proven best practices with innovative approaches. Our result: Highly effective outcomes and highly competitive solutions. For more information, go to https://www.metrics-llc.com/home.html
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Metrics LLC