ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are seeking a Contract Acquisition Specialist III to support our Veterans Affairs client in one of three locations (Brockton, MA; Bedford, MA, Augusta, ME). The Contract Specialist will provide various acquisition support within the full acquisition lifecycle, depending upon government need. All acquisition functions shall be performed in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Veterans Affairs Acquisition Regulation (VAAR), and all other applicable regulations and policies.
POSITION SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (Compensation based on experience and education):
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- The CS III shall have a minimum of 6 years of experience in conducting comprehensive acquisition support activities with a working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Must have experience providing acquisition support to a federal contracting office as either contract support or a federal employee.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree with at least 24 semester hours among accounting, law, business, finance, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, and organization and management
- A FAC-C or DAWIA Level III certification in Contracting.
Additional Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to conduct comprehensive research and analysis of technical and cost data.
- Ability to read and interpret acquisition policy, regulations, and directives.
- Ability to provide clear leadership, technical direction, and guidance to all lower level acquisition personnel.
- Preferred experience in construction or leasing
- FAC-C or DAWIA Certification in Contracting
- Experience with/knowledge of VA systems (eCMS, IFCAP, VISTA)
- Provide professional acquisition support services and business aid to the customer and provide support in various aspects of pre-award and post-award functions (excluding negotiation), using a wide range of contracting methods and types.
- Perform all pre-award procurement functions including, but not necessarily limited to, market research/analysis to determine availability of the requirement.
- Preparing contractual documents such as Purchase Request packages (market research, IGCE, D&F, J&A, etc.), solicitations, awards, and related documentation using the Electronic Contract Management System (eCMS).
- Coordinate with requiring activities, industry, and other stakeholders; and completing contractual files.
- Perform most post-award procurement functions except for ordering changes in contract performance or contract quantities, acting based on evaluations of contractor performance, and accepting or rejecting contractor products or services.
Key Personality Attributes Required:
- Sense of ownership.
- Loyalty & long work tenure with prior organizations.
- Sense of urgency.
- Sense of pride in work product.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High degree of personal motivation for success.
- Positive attitude – demonstrating an ultimate desire to fulfill organizational objectives through complete customer satisfaction.