Metric5 is a small business with big company benefits. We have a passionate team of smart, fun-caring professionals, and we are here for the long haul. Join our close-knit growing team in a business where your contributions make an enormous impact. Our organization offers a comprehensive employee benefits package, continuous professional development, with a best in class company culture that is enjoyable to work in and supports the growth of each of our professionals.
Description: Due to COVID 19 the person in this position will work from home until further notice. There is flexibility but this is not a 100% work from home position under normal circumstances.)
Metric5 is currently seeking a Platform Engineer to join a growing team on an exciting and highly visible project for a DoD customer.
The ideal Platform Engineer will help to build and operate a multi-tenant shared services platform that supports software and application development teams to provide automation and tooling required to quickly deploy and manage applications. They provide macro-level plans for operating and maintaining the platform, regardless of the underlying infrastructure (e.g. AWS, VMWare vSphere’s vCenter, SC2S, and C2S). The candidate will collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams in designing and developing systems that are resilient, have high performance, and analyze security risks and respond to new threats. Our ideal Engineer has knowledge and hands-on experience building, maintaining, and securing Platform as a Service (PaaS) deployments on multi-region and hybrid-cloud environments.
As the Platform Engineer, you will share your knowledge and hands-on experience in developing, implementing, maintaining and leading cloud and/or infrastructure programs with the team. The successful candidate will have subject matter expertise on enterprise transformation within an organization, through previous experience of leading infrastructure and/or cloud engineering teams to transform waterfall-based programs through the adoption of Agile best practices. This project will feature strategic team members co-located with the product teams, primarily in the Boston, MA Area. However, travel to other CONUS and OCUNUS locations may be required.
· 2-3 years’ of experience in software development environments to include Java, GO, Web services, Database, and/or web application development
· 2-3 years’ of experience with DevSecOps tools and processes to include Git, Concourse, Jenkins, Terraform, SonarQube, Fortify, Sysdig, and ThreadFix
· 1-2 years’ experience of working with major Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions including OpenShift, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, and/or Kubernetes.
· 1-2 years’ of experience with container technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
· 1-2 years’ of experience with Agile and Lean philosophies
· 1-2 years’ experience with Chef, Puppet, BOSH, or related automation / orchestration tools
· Experience with Site Reliability Engineering concepts and practices such as SLI’s, SLO’s & error budgets
· Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration techniques with a variety of application architectures and languages from web development to artificial intelligence
· Has one (1) or more examples of successfully transforming large-scale legacy data center or on premise infrastructure to a modern cloud native application architecture
· Has one (1) or more examples of successfully leading DoD (or other highly regulated agency) cloud or infrastructure engineering teams to transform waterfall-based programs through the adoption of Agile and Continuous Delivery best practices.
· 2+ years of experience working as an infrastructure engineer leveraging large scale cloud infrastructure as their primary application platform.
· Experience of working with Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and the ability to provide expertise for operational management of Pivotal Cloud Foundry on monitoring, management, disaster recovery, security compliance/auditing, networking, storage, service brokers and buildpacks
· Experience working with Kubernetes and other open-source container orchestration technologies for automating application deployment, scaling, and management
· VMWare Certifications or equivalent industry credentials in at least one (1) of the following: Data Center Virtualization, Network Virtualization, Cloud Management and Automation.
Education: Bachelors in a Technical Discipline – Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent technical degree (Desired not required)
Years of Experience: 2+ years of experience or more
Clearance: Must be a United States Citizen and able to obtain a security clearance for this government position.
Our benefits include
- Health & Dental Insurance 100% of individual coverage paid for by the company
- Life & Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with company match (employees are immediately vested)
- Paid Vacation
- 8 Paid Holidays per year (plus 2 paid floating holidays)
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Employee bonuses
- Professional Development reimbursement program
- Tuition Assistance Program
Metric5 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Metric5’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.