- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Metric is looking to hire a Construction Engineering and Inspection (CEI) Inspector for to join our Palmetto, Florida team. This position will be responsible for performing assignments in assisting the Senior CEI Inspector in the performance of their duties and will receive general supervision from the Senior Inspector who reviews work while in progress. Our Palmetto team has been working continuously together on various award-winning projects for over 10 years. This position will be working in District 5 and District 1 of the FDOT.
- Operational analysis of construction of freeways, interchanges, arterials, ramps and intersections
- Verification testing of different aspects on FDOT Projects
- Provide technical support and task management for transportation projects
- 2+ years of CEI Inspector experience or 1+ years’ experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Ability to organize projects and tasks, stay on schedule and meet required deadlines
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, to meet common goals
Must have the Following Required Certifications:
- CTQP Concrete Level 1
- CTQP Asphalt Roadway Level 1
- CTQP Earthwork Construction Inspection Level 1
- CTQP Final Estimates Level 1
- IMSA Traffic Signal Inspector Level 1
- IMSA Traffic Signal Technician Level 1
- FDOT Intermediate MOT
- Nuclear Radiation Safety
- CTQP Drilled Shaft Inspection (required for inspection of all drilled shafts including miscellaneous structures such as sign structures, lighting structures, and traffic signal structures)
- CTQP Pile Driving or any Level II Certification
- Florida Storm water, Erosion, and Sedimentation Control Training and Certification
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, PTO & Holidays)
- Education & Licensing Reimbursements
- Life/AD&D Coverage, Short & Long-Term Disability
- 401k with Company Contribution
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Metric Engineering, Inc. was founded in 1976 on the principle of providing personalized consulting engineering services. Today, we are among the top consulting engineering firms specializing in civil and transportation projects.
In the last four decades, Metric has successfully completed numerous large, complex transportation projects in the United States and abroad. Our multi-disciplinary workforce and strategically located regional offices enable us to provide both maximized local responsiveness and a diversified technical base. Our clients include local, county, state and foreign governments as well as private clients.
EOE Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Metric Engineering