Project Controls Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
We are seeking a Project Controls Manager to oversee our current and future aerospace and defense projects. As a Project Controls Manager, you will be responsible for monitoring and tracking project cost information, expenditures, timelines and schedules, and all project changes. You should demonstrate in-depth knowledge of contracts, government contracting preferred. This position will be interfacing with all levels and employees of the company so you must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Project Controls Manager manages and oversees the project controls for all aerospace and defense projects.
- Manages and establishes, as necessary, all controls and operating policies that could impact any project; to include identification, monitoring, and mitigation of risk factors.
- Responsible for development of all reporting structures and processes to enable sharing of project information with internal and external stakeholders.
- Production of reporting documents that define scheduling and timeline statuses, all cost and budgeting considerations, project changes (to includes contractual changes, modifications, changes in scope, or extensions), tracking of supplier performance and timeliness, and other risks.
- Provide sound advice and support to Program Managers as needed.
- Provide input to strategic decisions impacting overall business operations.
- Provide input during budget development, both internally and project-based support.
- Convey project technical information, accurately and effectively, to project managers, customers, and peers.
- Initiate and confirm periodic reporting and meeting requirements including the content, format, and frequency. Publish the project reporting calendar showing cut-off dates, submission due dates, and issues dates.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, engineering, or similar.
- MBA, other advanced degree or certifications preferred, but not required.
- 5+ years of managerial experience; preferably in aerospace and defense or government contracting (non-negotiable).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate internally and externally to the company, with a proven track record of resolving escalated issues relating to business operations.
- Experience in high valued aerospace and defense projects from inception to close out is preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and a key factor is that the incumbent is deliverables driven.
- Broad business acumen including risk assessment and management.
What Type of Person are you?
- Must demonstrate organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize, take direction, and provide direction to others ensuring the quality of deliverables.
- Self-motivated, adaptable, entrepreneurial spirit
- Goal oriented with a desire and open mindset to learn from everyone
- Problem-solver, who is naturally analytical and creative, and can think outside-the-box to generate new and creative ideas for problem solving
- Active listener, ability to collaborate in group settings, with a bias towards process improvement
EEOE including Vets and disability
Must live within commuting area of Albuquerque, NM. Work will be in an office environment; this is not a remote position.
No Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Metis Technology Solutions Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at Metis Technology Solutions Inc